yconic - U of T engineering course averages
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T engineering course averages

A photo of wraith wraith
I know the faculty keeps averages for first year courses around 68%. What are the usual averages for 2nd to 4th year courses. I am particularly interested in ece courses.
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of FourthYearEngSci FourthYearEngSci
2nd year: 73%
3rd year: 75%
4th year: 79%

The grades go up for a few reasons: people try harder, a lot of people failed out in first year, course material is inherently more interesting, and professors are more generous.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@wraith wrote
I know the faculty keeps averages for first year courses around 68%. What are the usual averages for 2nd to 4th year courses. I am particularly interested in ece courses.
Thanks

68% sounds a bit low to me... at least in engsci first year, no course average was below a B- (70%), and that was without a bell curve in many of them.

I'll go with what FourthYearEngsci said - dunno about exact averages in my program but it is very true that averages go up steadily in each year, bell curve or no bell curve. People do adapt and mature as their undergrad progresses and even if they did poorly in 1st/2nd year, they might suddenly shoot up by 4th year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0