yconic - U of T Engineering: Innis offers?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Engineering: Innis offers?

A photo of asdf098 asdf098
A bunch of people I know (including myself) who applied to U of T Engineering and selected Innis on the residence form received residence offers to Chestnut during the past few days. From what I know, you're only supposed to get an offer from either Innis or Chestnut. I'd assume this means all of these people were rejected from Innis, but it seems kind of weird. I know people last year with ~92% averages who got into Innis; mine is ~96 ish and my friends have similar averages, yet we still got emails from Chestnut. Could it mean Innis has an extremely high (like ~97?) entrance average this year? o_O

Has anybody who applied to Innis received an email offer from there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of steele steele
Yeah, I'm in the same situation, just got my offer from Chestnut yesterday, but I selected Innis and New as my preferences...my avg. in the pre req. courses was 94, 95 avg. overall. I knew Innis was competitive, but...

Anyway, I've seen Chestnut, it's a nicer res I'd say, but being a bit far from campus is a drawback.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of matt99 matt99
Same here; I chose New and Innis on the RPF and put shared apartment as my preferred residence type but I still got a Chestnut Double. My average is about 96%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
Isn't Chestnut far away from the engineering buildings? Bicycles??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@fruitpunch9 wrote
Isn't Chestnut far away from the engineering buildings? Bicycles??

I google mapped it, the residence is ~1 km away from the engineering buildings. That's about how far I walk to school now, which takes me 10-15 min each day. You could ride a bike, but riding with downtown Toronto traffic would be nerve racking I bet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IronMan IronMan
Oo I am a little bit worried guyz because I have only applied to innis residence as a prospective engineering science students but I still haven't heard anything but I received my offer on May 28th lol so I will wait a bit and then contact them if nothing happens!! I really don't want to live at 89 Chestnut I can't even afford it !
Was this helpful? Yes 0