yconic - U of T Engineering OR Civil Engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Engineering OR Civil Engineering?

A photo of lifeintechnicolor95 lifeintechnicolor95
Hey everyone! This is my first post to the forum :) Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Well, here's the thing.

I want to go to U of T in the fall of 2013 (I'm still in grade 11), but I've still been looking at my options as to what I want to pursue. I ultimately want to be a structural engineer, so I've come down to two options: civil engineering and engineering science.

I feel I have high enough grades (mid-90 average) and enough extra-curriculars to get into both, so that won't be a problem.

But I want to choose the program which will get me to my career faster, without an unnecessary work load. I heard the engsci program is pretty intense, but seems to be quite useful (am I correct?). On the other hand, finishing up a civil engineering degree will probably allow me to get a job sooner. I also want to do a Master's degree eventually.

So what should it be? EngSci or Civil Engineering?!

And which one will get me a job faster, which pays well?

HELP!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of imaginaryengineer imaginaryengineer
Civil engineering. Engsci will put u through random hard stuff before u focus on civil engineering. You mention unnecessary workload...this is engineering. You will have a large workload.

And which one will get me a job faster, which pays well?

Again this is engineering they both will pay well. Getting a job really depends on you and the economy etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0