yconic - U of T Engineering SPF
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Engineering SPF

A photo of EngFlare EngFlare
Hey,
I just recently received my SPF. One of the task is to write an essay.
My english is very poor and I always have trouble writing essays or anything in general. Can anyone give me tips/ guides to writing a good application essay.
For example, what are some phrases or words that could perhaps make the essay sound good, or exaggerate on an extracurricular activity.

This is the topic:

What has inspired you to pursue an engineering degree and why would you like to study at the University of Toronto?
What skills have you developed through your extra-curricular experiences that will support your future success as both a student and an engineer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
Hey,

The essay is a way for you to speak out in your own voice. It doesn't matter if your mechanics or grammar aren't that good, the admissions people just want to know that you have personality. Just be genuine and let yourself shine through.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nakhuda93 nakhuda93
Have some self confidence man! I'm assuming you're in high school? ask your English teacher to look it over.
Was this helpful? Yes 0