yconic - U of T got rejected, questions about alternate offer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T got rejected, questions about alternate offer?

A photo of maelong maelong
i am neither of those. i had a 91.8% average, submitted my SPF like 2 or 3 days before it was due, and i am a male. I got an offer last week for mech eng at u of t. try calling the admissions office and ask them. I've found that the engineering portal isn't updated that quickly, so just call and ask them and they'll tell you if they have your documents.

with a mid 80s average, you'll probably get into chem eng and cs at toronto.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of madox madox
i am neither of those. i had a 91.8% average, submitted my SPF like 2 or 3 days before it was due, and i am a male. I got an offer last week for mech eng at u of t. try calling the admissions office and ask them. I've found that the engineering portal isn't updated that quickly, so just call and ask them and they'll tell you if they have your documents.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
a) No
b) I finished the final part of my SPF the day before it was due, and paid the Assessment Fee on the due date, so no :P
c) I am a female, but I'm pretty sure there is a higher ratio of males:female in EngSci than some other programs..

And I didn't send any documents myself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@madox wrote

first of all thanks for your encouraging words and congrats haha

i just got a message from u of t saying they have received my package but on my application status it says Application on hold: required documents missing
and on DOCUMENT(S) REQUIRED section, it doesn't say anything
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ninetyfour wrote
a) No
b) I finished the final part of my SPF the day before it was due, and paid the Assessment Fee on the due date, so no :P
c) I am a female, but I'm pretty sure there is a higher ratio of males:female in EngSci than some other programs..

And I didn't send any documents myself.

well... congrats getting into the school?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have
a)95 + average from their required courses
b)submitted their SPF before January
c) or are you female in a program with few females?

and when did you send your transcript and how long did it take them to process it?

i have mid80 average, and sent my transcript about 3weeks ago but still says required documents missing

a) not even close
b) don't remember when but it was the week of the deadline
c) yes but u of t can't tell what your gender is

I think for international students, you guys get admitted on a rolling bases. Be patient, it take a long time for documents to me manually processed, then they need someone to evaluate it and make a decision. After that you need someone to change what the portal says and then wait for another person to update the server.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have

and when did you send your transcript and how long did it take them to process it?

i have mid80 average, and sent my transcript about 3weeks ago but still says required documents missing

a) not even close

I think for international students, you guys get admitted on a rolling bases. Be patient, it take a long time for documents to me manually processed, then they need someone to evaluate it and make a decision. After that you need someone to change what the portal says and then wait for another person to update the server.

are you 105 or 101? if you are 105 when'd u send your transcript? the school asked me to send ela and math31 marks so i did and they just received my package today but
my application status still says required documents missing
but onDOCUMENT(S) REQUIRED there's nothing on it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS

@maelong wrote

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have

a) not even close

are you 105 or 101? if you are 105 when'd u send your transcript? the school asked me to send ela and math31 marks so i did and they just received my package today but

I'm 101.
For them to change the status, they have to update pretty much the entire server, which they probably won't do for just one person. As long as you sent in your documents, you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have

a) not even close

I'm 101.
For them to change the status, they have to update pretty much the entire server, which they probably won't do for just one person. As long as you sent in your documents, you should be fine.

r u sure? i mean it just doesn't make sense. r u saying they have to write down who's under review then change people's status once? but so far things that doesn't make sense have happened
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MonHun MonHun

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have

Well I don't belong to any of the 3 groups you stated. My average is low 90's and I hadn't even applied until January. I remember finishing my SPF during early February, and their office started checking people's profiles in March.
I was scared when they still require documents from me after the deadline, which is March 1st. So I submitted as quickly as I could, and they seemed to send me the offer before they could finish reading my docs.(or they had finished but didn't have time to update online in time) Anyway, if they ask documents from you, they are interested in you. They'll make decision immediately after you satisfy all their requirements.(getting an 90 average will make your application safe&attractive)
Hope this helps:albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onewordify onewordify
I assume you're asking because of my post. When I posted that I was referring to the first round of admissions in February.

@onewordify wrote

@LindaS wrote

@onewordify wrote
If you haven't gotten in yet, don't worry. These are early acceptances. Most of the people that have gotten in so far have either

a) 95 + average from their required courses
b) Or submitted their SPF before January
c) They are a female in a program with few females.

As far as I know they keep sending out offers til late May.

I find c) a little offensive. Also, there's no way that that's true because the admissions person told me that when your application is reviewed, only your applicant number is shown and not your name or personal info. So there's no way to tell is if someone is a girl or a guy.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive. But, it's true. There is affirmative action in programs with few females. From my personal experience:

a) One of my friends had a 90 average and applied to Civil Engineering, got in and last week got an alternate offer to Eng Sci. Eng Sci wasn't even one of her alternates...
b) Waterloo does this a lot. A lot of the girls I know got into their engineering programs (Nano, Software, Tron) without sending in their AIFs.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS

@maelong wrote

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote

@LindaS wrote

@maelong wrote
Do you guys have

a) not even close

I'm 101.

r u sure? i mean it just doesn't make sense. r u saying they have to write down who's under review then change people's status once? but so far things that doesn't make sense have happened

I mean, the engineering people have to tell the uoft portal people that they got it. But they have to wait until they get a bunch from different people so can can do a bunch at a time.
It doesn't make much scene to me either, I'm pretty sure there's a easier and faster way to do it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonmartins jasonmartins
a)YES
b)Yes
c) no

got into EngSci, thinking about dropping into Track One though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@madox wrote

don't give people false hope it was nice to hear this though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@onewordify wrote
I assume you're asking because of my post. When I posted that I was referring to the first round of admissions in February.

@onewordify wrote

@LindaS wrote

@onewordify wrote
If you haven't gotten in yet, don't worry. These are early acceptances. Most of the people that have gotten in so far have either

a) 95 + average from their required courses
b) Or submitted their SPF before January
c) They are a female in a program with few females.

As far as I know they keep sending out offers til late May.

I find c) a little offensive. Also, there's no way that that's true because the admissions person told me that when your application is reviewed, only your applicant number is shown and not your name or personal info. So there's no way to tell is if someone is a girl or a guy.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be offensive. But, it's true. There is affirmative action in programs with few females. From my personal experience:

a) One of my friends had a 90 average and applied to Civil Engineering, got in and last week got an alternate offer to Eng Sci. Eng Sci wasn't even one of her alternates...
b) Waterloo does this a lot. A lot of the girls I know got into their engineering programs (Nano, Software, Tron) without sending in their AIFs.

do i have a chance to get an alternate offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StellaSparx StellaSparx

@maelong wrote

@madox wrote

Chillax. It's not the end of the world, lots of people get rejected to U of T. You can go to McGill which is a great school as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy
hey maybe you should talk to them because I never got a reply back its still a blank for admission decision, so i'm not sure why yours changed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of madox madox

@maelong wrote

@madox wrote

i made that post like a week ago, before you found out you weren't given an offer of admission. wasn't trying to give false hope. going to engineering at U of T isn't the be all end all. life goes on.

hope you get into cs at utsg. good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@madox wrote

@maelong wrote

@madox wrote

i made that post like a week ago, before you found out you weren't given an offer of admission. wasn't trying to give false hope. going to engineering at U of T isn't the be all end all. life goes on.

so will i be considered for an alternate offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox

@maelong wrote

@madox wrote

@maelong wrote

@madox wrote

so will i be considered for an alternate offer?

i think so. best bet is to call them and ask, but you may not be considered for your first choice anymore (they told me my alternate offer to mech eng was my final offer). so hope for the best, but expect the worst. If they give you an alternate offer, I'd just accept it, and then transfer into chem eng later on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 3000 3000
Appeal them to re-review your application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted