yconic - U of T Law and Med Camps
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Law and Med Camps

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
Is anyone considering going to a U of T youth summer program?

http://www.ysp.utoronto.ca/law

There are multiple weeks of medical science and law camps.

They seem interesting, but they come with a heavy price tag.

I think that it would be an amazing experience, and I may go!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Promise me that you won't spend $1,000 on a course you could and likely will take in university for credit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@kaloolah wrote

For what? What's the point?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

@kaloolah wrote

For what? What's the point?

To learn about law! It would be a great way to learn more about the profession before I devout the next few years of my life to trying to get into a good law school.

As for another thing, I may go to U of T law (or even U of T for undergrad), so it would be a good chance to see what it`s like.

It`s a summer camp, so I would have time to chill and meet new people too!

I sure wouldn`t be going to the full compliment of those law camps, because I would need to spend some time working.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@kaloolah wrote
To learn about law! It would be a great way to learn more about the profession before I devout the next few years of my life to trying to get into a good law school.

As for another thing, I may go to U of T law (or even U of T for undergrad), so it would be a good chance to see what it`s like.

I sure wouldn`t be going to the full compliment of those law camps, because I would need to spend some time working.

1. You can learn A LOT about law (as a profession) just by looking around the internet. You'll also learn quite a bit just by taking law courses, which I'm sure you will. Intro law will certainly cover stuff like that.

2. Professional schools hold lots of orientations/tours - ones that are FREE and usually catered.

3. $1000 to chill and meet new people? Not worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

@kaloolah wrote

1. You can learn A LOT about law (as a profession) just by looking around the internet. You'll also learn quite a bit just by taking law courses, which I'm sure you will. Intro law will certainly cover stuff like that.

2. Professional schools hold lots of orientations/tours - ones that are FREE and usually catered.

3. $1000 to chill and meet new people? Not worth it.

I most likely won't go. I also applied to Explore, and that is free, 5 weeks and probably a better experience.

Thanks for your input!
Was this helpful? Yes 0