yconic - U of T life sci course selection
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T life sci course selection

A photo of greentea greentea
I checked the U of T arts & science timetable online and I found that for each course, there are multiple instructors, and each instructor's name is separated by a backslash (/). For example for the CHM139H1F, it says Browning/Walker.
What does this mean exactly?
Do we get to choose which one of these instructors we want?

Also, having Browning is bad right? who is the easiest chem teacher?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of KilgoreTrout KilgoreTrout
In the case of course instructors, the backslash means and. So in the example you provided, half the course will be taught by browning, and the other half will be taught by walker.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
lol coming to UofT looking for easy? bad move. It doesn't matter which prof you take, study smart & hard and you'll do well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greentea greentea

@KilgoreTrout wrote
In the case of course instructors, the backslash means and. So in the example you provided, half the course will be taught by browning, and the other half will be taught by walker.

The course is half-year though :O so a different prof every 2 months? lol
Just commenting but that is awkward...
Especially for the CHM138 that is in first semester, there are THREE different teachers separated by slashes. Not the best idea for the overall flow of the course imo :|

@esin wrote
lol coming to UofT looking for easy? bad move. It doesn't matter which prof you take, study smart & hard and you'll do well.

I know that but thanks.

Though honestly, if there was even a slight possibility of having an easier time with another prof, who wouldn't go in that direction? Even if it doesn't matter, it can still give people a sense of security at the very least. Helps ease their initial nerves a little.

I'm just trying to double check because a friend of a friend said Browning was hard.

Was this helpful? Yes 0