yconic - U of T Life Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Life Sciences

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I applied to both U of T St. George and UTSC for life sciences, and I am wondering which program I should go to?
Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT
Thanks!
Hi there, if you haven’t don’t so already you should consider taking a tour of UofT’s campus to really get a feel for the atmosphere. You do not have to declare your major in your first year of studies so I encourage you to explore your options thoroughly. http://discover.utoronto.ca/connect/campus-tours UofT has a great selection of undergraduate majors to choose from and it is important to study something you are passionate about. http://www.utoronto.ca/programs/undergraduate-programs.htm Be sure to check the requirements of each program and make sure they are completed before you are ready to declare your major :) I am a third year student studying at the University of Toronto and I love it here!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the advice! :)
But which one would you recommend? I heard that the U of T St. George campus is a lot more competitive than the UTSC, but then the admission average for UTSC is lower, so I don't know which one is better in terms of academics :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@teddybear09 wrote
Thanks for the advice! :)
But which one would you recommend? I heard that the U of T St. George campus is a lot more competitive than the UTSC, but then the admission average for UTSC is lower, so I don't know which one is better in terms of academics :S

Hi,
The workload will be equal at both campus’ but in a life science program you do have the freedom of designing your own class schedule, so my advice would be to space your courses out enough so that you are not overloaded.
Is there area of science that you are really passionate about? I personally Find nutrition fascinating, but it is important to tailor your classes to your own personal interests in strengths. If you are studying something you love, you will be a lot more successful in achieving the grades you are after!
Hope this helps :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thankss for the advice!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0