yconic - U of T Mat137, edition of textbook
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Mat137, edition of textbook

A photo of NedStark NedStark
Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying my txtbook earlier for my U of T Mat137 course next year, but I hear the edition changes every few years. Is there a place i can go/do you guys know what edition of the txtbook will be used this September semester? thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Phase Phase

@NedStark wrote
Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying my txtbook earlier for my U of T Mat137 course next year, but I hear the edition changes every few years. Is there a place i can go/do you guys know what edition of the txtbook will be used this September semester? thanks

Nope. They announce it in late October, and sometimes they change it and sometimes they don't. I heard it is primarily for that reason. They don't want students getting a head start in the summer.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@Phase wrote

@NedStark wrote

Nope. They announce it in late October, and sometimes they change it and sometimes they don't. I heard it is primarily for that reason. They don't want students getting a head start in the summer.

No its because sometimes courses change. They need to adjust it to constantly ensure its meeting student needs in regards to future courses, in addition to adjusting to the knowledge level of incoming students. Its a fact of life.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Phase Phase

@noxx98 wrote

@Phase wrote

@NedStark wrote

No its because sometimes courses change. They need to adjust it to constantly ensure its meeting student needs in regards to future courses, in addition to adjusting to the knowledge level of incoming students. Its a fact of life.

That may be true for your school, but not UofT. This what I heard from the TA of the course. At UofT, they could careless about the best interest of first year students. It's to make it as difficult as imaginably possible. This was not from the TA but math majors I've talked to who have taken MAT137. The course is the pre-req for MAT237 (multivariable calculus), and in most other universities, the content is usually split into two classes before taking multivariable calc. So, in essence, I really doubt UofT cares about adjusting to the students' mathematical knowledge.
Was this helpful? Yes 0