yconic - U of T National Scholarship
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T National Scholarship

A photo of kitkat1 kitkat1
Do you have to be nominated by your school for the U of T National Scholarship? Is any preference given?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
usually what happens is your school nominates a student to win the National Book Award (which is just a book, no money. nominees automatically win) and then the Book Award winners have the option to apply for the National Scholarship. but if I recall correctly there's also a way to apply independently without a nomination (you need references etc. though)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chelseymori chelseymori
Hi I'm applying to the U of T Nation Scolarship and I was wondering what the critera is for the 800 word essay on one of the words "cahoots, up, strike, quantum, knob." Is there anywhere I can find a sample essay from past years?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pare16 pare16
Hi, does anyone know how many people apply to the UofT National scholarship?

Also, for the part where you have to write a reference letter for yourself, is it best to address any weaknesses (as it mentions in the application) or leave it alone and just state your strengths? Thanks for any opinions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0