yconic - U of T Res - Help, please? :)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Res - Help, please? :)

A photo of beaubeau beaubeau
So, I just got an offer from U of T today (only got in with 81-82 average, don't worry for whoever is waiting!)and it's from St.Mike's (blah, third choice lol. They want to house me in Loretto College. One problem though: I'm a guy. Kidding, kidding.

But what if we want to switch for another floor?

I really want the co-ed floor because it'll be relatively boring only living with girls. Any ideas please? I have to weigh the pros and cons of this carefully because I've just accepted my offer from Waterloo last night (yeah, thanks for the ultimatum U of T) and am already leaning towards that since it is cheaper ($500 deposit vs U of T's $600 deposit). Anymore pros and cons and etc, please let me know!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of steele steele
If you want to switch I'd contact St. Mike's directly and ask about the rules regarding that. Though I think that not accepting the offer to Loretto probably negates your residence guarantee...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild

@beaubeau wrote
So, I just got an offer from U of T today (only got in with 81-82 average, don't worry for whoever is waiting!)and it's from St.Mike's (blah, third choice lol. They want to house me in Loretto College. One problem though: I'm a guy. Kidding, kidding.

I really want the co-ed floor because it'll be relatively boring only living with girls. Any ideas please? I have to weigh the pros and cons of this carefully because I've just accepted my offer from Waterloo last night (yeah, thanks for the ultimatum U of T) and am already leaning towards that since it is cheaper ($500 deposit vs U of T's $600 deposit). Anymore pros and cons and etc, please let me know!

congrats on getting in :)

What did you apply to and what was your average :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@steele wrote
If you want to switch I'd contact St. Mike's directly and ask about the rules regarding that. Though I think that not accepting the offer to Loretto probably negates your residence guarantee...

Okay, thanks! Yeah, I'll try not to mention anything about the other two university offers and act like I'm 100% sure that I'll be going there.

And there isn't any offer in queue on my OUAC but it's in the U of T portal, why's that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SpringChild wrote

@beaubeau wrote

congrats on getting in :)

What did you apply to and what was your average :)

Thank you!!

I applied for Political Science.

French - 87

Law - 85

World Issues - 84

Writer's Craft - 81

Philosophy - 77 :\

English - 75 D:

That equals out to 81.5, about 82%
Was this helpful? Yes 0