yconic - U of T residence question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T residence question

A photo of dc116 dc116
Hi guys, I'm considering living on residence at University College, but I'd like to know if it's possible to move out of res at one point without having to pay the full occupancy fee? In other words, do you pay the $10,000~ regardless of how long you live there?

Thanks in advance. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of beaubeau beaubeau

@dc116 wrote
Hi guys, I'm considering living on residence at University College, but I'd like to know if it's possible to move out of res at one point without having to pay the full occupancy fee? In other words, do you pay the $10,000~ regardless of how long you live there?

Thanks in advance. :)

I suppose there are penalties that you have to pay. So, if you move out have way during the term, you wouldn't pay the full $10, 000, probably $1, 500 or so.

Although, with residency, after the deposit, you have to pay a portion of the residence fee--so you don't have to pay the $10, 000 up front.

I'm going to St. Mike's and they listed varying prices that a student would have to pay if they stop living in res.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KilgoreTrout KilgoreTrout
Yes, you can drop out of residence second semester, as long as you do so before the deadline to pay for the second semester room and meal plan passes. But, as a second year UC student returning to res, I highly recommend staying all year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0