yconic - U of T Social Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Social Sciences

A photo of JayGatz JayGatz
Basically... I didnt take first semester serious enough and my average isn't going to be as high as I wanted it to (around a 78 - 79)

I only had 3 first semester courses, I have 5 courses next semester including one in night school. I got English done with this semester so lets say for arguments sake I get my grades up to high 80's next semester, will U of T wait for my second semester grades or will I be rejected due to my low firs semester average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of saber33 saber33
Just change your name to something less ethnic and move to a rich prep school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
The next rounds of admission will be in March and May, so you've got time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of JayGatz JayGatz

@HeroOfCanton wrote
The next rounds of admission will be in March and May, so you've got time.

So they wont formally reject me? My application will still be in consideration?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
I'm pretty sure they'll wait for semester 2 marks.. I don't think they'll be that cruel and reject you right away plus you still have to do those 5 other courses, so u of t wants to see those too. plus, u of t is really slow in considering and accepting people so no need to worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lapetitereine lapetitereine
UofT is really peculiar with their waves of admission. My high school GPA was around 87/88 and I heard back the last possible day before I had to submit my choice lol. They will probably take into account grade 11 and grade 12 first semester, or they may put you on conditional until final marks come out in the summer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Have you guys heard back from U of T yet??? I applied on the first day OUAC was open (end of September) and still haven't heard back yet...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@moodeline wrote
Have you guys heard back from U of T yet??? I applied on the first day OUAC was open (end of September) and still haven't heard back yet...

What college did you apply to (assuming you applied to STG)? Some require supplementary applications that you have to complete before being accepted.
They don't really start accepting until after first semester marks are in anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of veezemb veezemb
If you do well this semester you should be fine. I have a friend who had around your average and she still got accepted into U of T Scarborough, although it really depends on the course you applied to and how many other aplicants there were.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cierrasmyth cierrasmyth
I'm pretty sure their going to wait for your second semester marks.
Maybe call the admissions office and get a solid answer!
Was this helpful? Yes 0