yconic - U of T Social Sciences?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Social Sciences?

A photo of GlobalOrder17 GlobalOrder17
Im from Alberta, and the five courses i'll be using for acceptance into the University of Toronto Social Sciences willl be...
AP English 30-1 80-85%
AP Social Studies 30-1 90-95%
French 30 80-90%
Aboriginal Studies 30 90%
Science 30 65-70%

is this safe?
Also, my grade 10 and 11 marks werent the best... will that factor into the decision?

Thank you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

Anyone?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of namelessxx namelessxx
I'm not sure how it works for out of province students (I'm assuming it'd be similar to students in Ontario) They don't look at your grade 9 and 10 marks, and for early acceptance they'll look at your grade 11, but its your grade 12 marks that are the most important. I got accepted with a 86% average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm pretty sure i'll be applying to university (U of T Social Sciences) with a 80-83% average. However, I maintain the possibility of dropping a little below 80, like 78-79%.

I also have volunteered all year and plan on doing the same routine next year as well. Lastly, I've talked to both my vice principal and head principal they both agreed to write me recommendation letters.

Adding all this together, do i have a good shot at successful admission?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Most programs don't require any supplementary application, so your ECs and recommendation letters won't matter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ok, do you think my projected average would be a good goal for me to aim for? As it would give me a good for acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You're cutting it close, especially if you anticipate a final average in the 70s. Aim for at least an 85+ average if you want to be safe. Then again, I have no idea if U of T has a different standard for out-of-province marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ If anything I would think they would treat Alberta better because of the standardized diploma exam (no worries about grade inflation)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
^ If anything I would think they would treat Alberta better because of the standardized diploma exam (no worries about grade inflation)

I thought of that, which is why I said I have no idea if U of T has a different standard for out-of-province students. I do know that for some of the colleges, out-of-province students are not required to write a supplementary essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

U of T Admissions averages

I checked U of T admission averages stats, for Social Sciences its 81.1%.
However a large percentage have been accepted with 75-80% ranging averages.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@GlobalOrder17 wrote
U of T Admissions averages

I checked U of T admission averages stats, for Social Sciences its 81.1%.
However a large percentage have been accepted with 75-80% ranging averages.

That looks about right. It is really not hard to get into U of T, especially for the social sciences and arts. All I am saying is that if you want to be almost certain that you'll get in, attaining an 85%+ average will give you that security.
Was this helpful? Yes 0