yconic - U of T TrackOne
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T TrackOne

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
When applying to U of T engineering, do you have to put Track One as your first choice to be considered for admission?
I want to apply to engsci but realistically I don't think I have much of a shot at getting in, and ideally Track One really would be my first choice if not for engsci. But I read somewhere (don't remember where lol, can't find it that's why I'm asking here) that you have to put engsci first or Track One first to be considered for either one so...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of sllencer sllencer
I don't really remember Lol, but I believe if you place them as your 1st choice, they'd were sort of... give you preference. Though of course, your marks would be a much biggere factor then just choosing w/e to get your first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WaterfallOfDestiny WaterfallOfDestiny
No, you can put EngSci first and TrackOne second. If you get into EngSci - congratulations! If you're rejected from EngSci, they'll next consider you for TrackOne. My friend got into TrackOne this way.

What they probably meant is that you can't put the "easier to get in" disciplines first, because you'll get accepted to those instead of the "harder to get in" ones. For example, say you put TrackOne first, EngSci second. if you can't get into TrackOne, you won't get into EngSci either (so if you prefer EngSci, make sure it's at the very top!).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Since the answer has already been given, I'll throw my biased two cents into the mix. Come to TrackOne, it's awesome! :D I've really enjoyed my first two weeks in the program!

However, if you have your heart set on EngSci, definitely put that as your number 1 choice! You can always switch into TrackOne halfway through the year lol ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Haha how does the difficulty of Track One compare to the other core 8 disciplines? Maybe it's a little too early to ask but do you feel like it's a little harder on you because you're track one? I'm PRETTY SURE I don't wanna go to engsci, but I don't wanna regret not applying though so :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@iliketurtles wrote
Haha how does the difficulty of Track One compare to the other core 8 disciplines? Maybe it's a little too early to ask but do you feel like it's a little harder on you because you're track one? I'm PRETTY SURE I don't wanna go to engsci, but I don't wanna regret not applying though so :P

Compared to the other disciplines, it is a bit more demanding. We take the ECE Calculus and Computer Programming, courses which are (slightly) more difficult than the comparable courses that the other Core 7 disciplines take. However, having that choice of where to specialize at the end of first year will make it worth my while (at least I hope so lol).

However, like I said, it's only two weeks in, so it's not too bad yet! We'll see in a month or two though haha!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@steele wrote
However, having that choice of where to specialize at the end of first year will make it worth my while (at least I hope so lol).

Then why not do TrackOne? Or go to a school with a general first year? Or specialize in grad school (an engineering undergrad degree, in my opinion, is very difficult to specialize a great deal)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@ktel wrote

@steele wrote
However, having that choice of where to specialize at the end of first year will make it worth my while (at least I hope so lol).

Then why not do TrackOne? Or go to a school with a general first year? Or specialize in grad school (an engineering undergrad degree, in my opinion, is very difficult to specialize a great deal)

I am in TrackOne! I chose it specifically because I have no idea what type of engineering I want to do!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ Ah, sorry, I thought you were talking about EngSci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0