yconic - U of T Trinity Essay for Engineering applicants?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of T Trinity Essay for Engineering applicants?

A photo of dachensterr dachensterr
I applied to the Faculty of Engineering at University of Toronto. I checked off Trinity College, New College, and Victoria College on my residence option form. Does this mean I have to submit a Student Profile for Trinity with the essay question? Or is the Trinity Student Profile supplement ONLY for Arts and Sciences Applicants?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of thePurpleEngineer thePurpleEngineer
Unless Trinity sends you a letter requesting for your Trinity Student Profile, you shouldn't need to submit one.

Note that you are not going to be registered as a Trinity College student (like most students at Trinity residences). Instead, you'll be registered under faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of schweitzer281 schweitzer281

@dachensterr wrote
I applied to the Faculty of Engineering at University of Toronto. I checked off Trinity College, New College, and Victoria College on my residence option form. Does this mean I have to submit a Student Profile for Trinity with the essay question? Or is the Trinity Student Profile supplement ONLY for Arts and Sciences Applicants?

quick question? where did you have to choose your residence? i went through the ouac site 2 times when i applied and they never asked me for my residence?
thanks,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@schweitzer281 wrote

@dachensterr wrote

quick question? where did you have to choose your residence? i went through the ouac site 2 times when i applied and they never asked me for my residence?
thanks,

UT Faculty of AppSci and Engineering sent me a ID both by mail and email, telling me to send in the Engineering Student Profile Form online. There, it has the Residence option which lets us pick first-choice residences and type of res (dorm, apt, etc.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Along with the student profile form (SPF) on the engineering applicants portal. It should be described in the package they sent/will send you. However, in my application I can no longer rank the residences only mark those I'm interested in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Strive wrote
Along with the student profile form (SPF) on the engineering applicants portal. It should be described in the package they sent/will send you. However, in my application I can no longer rank the residences only mark those I'm interested in.

What I meant by "first choice" was checking the residences I was interested in. Sorry for the confusion. I used "first choice" because if you're applying to Engineering, they will consider you for all residences anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
yeah, you don't have to do the Trin app. just the eng res thingy.
good luck Tringineer :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of intec123 intec123
I heard Trinity is filled with loud arts students :)
Unless you want to party hard, you should probably pick the other ones when it comes time for decisions.

I completed my application few weeks ago, and they asked for no more after I paid my fees.
So, I'm guessing you can rest assured. (or study hard)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@intec123 wrote
I heard Trinity is filled with loud arts students :)

yeah and there are also lots of quiet arts students. and quiet science students. and quiet study rooms. and quiet res floors, if that's your thing.

Trin (contrary to popular belief) is not one huge party lol. although... we do HAVE a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0