yconic - U of Waterloo AFM WPA program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of Waterloo AFM WPA program

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi Im interested in applying to Waterloo AFM's WPA program for accounting. I want to become a CA and pls give me advice as the WPA program is my first choice. My marks are always above 80 and I am a hardworking student. I am really worried about the Admission Info Form and the AFMAA assignment pls tell me how to prepare for that too. Waterloo WFM's WPA prgram is my first choice so pls reply ASAP. Thanks.

My next choices would be UTM'S Bcom. Brock BAcc, McMaster Bcom Hons, so please advice me on that too. Thanks again I really appreciate the help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of v70 v70
"above 80" won't be enough to get into Waterloo AFM, unless you're close to 90. Same for UTM, mid 80's for Mac and Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherl28 sherl28
A competitive average for WPA is definitely 89-93 percent, however I still encourage you to apply because even if you don't get WPA, you might still get WFM if you do really well in your AFMAA and from my experience, the AFMAA is weighted heavily. You can still become a CA if you're in the WFM field, and the good thing is that you can get entry into uwaterloo's MAcc program which is really good cause you get your masters in 8 months.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chiqua99 chiqua99
I'm thinking of applying for AFM (not the PA program). What average do I need to get in? I'm hoping I'll get 90 or at least 88. And how difficult is the AFMAA??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
83/84 gets you an invite to the AFMAA. A competitive average for WFM is 87-91, with decent good AIF/AFMAA scores (or some combination of the three).

Most people in the program will tell you that the AFMAA was pretty easy, although others will tell a different story. It's really not that bad and if you're a good writer and pretty calm then it shouldn't be a problem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cloverhannah cloverhannah

@g93 wrote
83/84 gets you an invite to the AFMAA. A competitive average for WFM is 87-91, with decent good AIF/AFMAA scores (or some combination of the three).

Most people in the program will tell you that the AFMAA was pretty easy, although others will tell a different story. It's really not that bad and if you're a good writer and pretty calm then it shouldn't be a problem.

How about my average is above 84 but my calculus( a prerequisite course) is only low 70s?
Do you think they will not invite me to AFMAA?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@cloverhannah wrote

@g93 wrote

How about my average is above 84 but my calculus( a prerequisite course) is only low 70s?
Do you think they will not invite me to AFMAA?

As long as it is above 70, you will get invited. Just make note that it will be part of your top 6, and a low 70 would definitely bring your average down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0