yconic - U of Waterloo CAP Program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U of Waterloo CAP Program

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello, I'm a grade 12 high school student in Winnipeg.
I'm applying for the CAP and Honours Science program in U of Waterloo.
If anybody's written an AIF before, can somebody give me some tips about filling in out??
And is it better to be in CAP or non-CAP?
What's something special that Waterloo offers in pharmacy?
Thanks!!

*And also!!!! I went on the Waterloo website that tells you about the CAP program, and I wanted to apply for it,,, but where can I do that,,?? The website has a link that says "click here" to apply for CAP,but it only leads to the OUAC website and then there's no link that could allow me to apply for it! PLZ HELP!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512

@gloria214h wrote

*And also!!!! I went on the Waterloo website that tells you about the CAP program, and I wanted to apply for it,,, but where can I do that,,?? The website has a link that says "click here" to apply for CAP,but it only leads to the OUAC website and then there's no link that could allow me to apply for it! PLZ HELP!

I'm running into trouble with this too. I sent them an email about it yesterday. I get some sort of OUAC page that tells me my application is submitted and please check for my reference number in a few days...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oh goody!!! if they email you back,, would you mind telling me the solution also?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
I have a friend in Honours Sci who got into the CAP program. I am not THAT familiar with it (I can ask her for you guys if you want) but basically you will need to apply for the normal sci program, and there will be a separate CAP application to fill out. which probably comes out a little later (probably when they accept you to a sci program?)

then, they will read your CAP apps and see if youre good enough to be interviewed. my friend was 1 of 20 who got into the program, and 60 ppl were interviewed. she just started working @ a pharmacy in januaryish last yr, and she worked another part time job, and her avg was about 90. so yeah, if you think you have the ECs and marks, go for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gloria214h wrote
oh goody!!! if they email you back,, would you mind telling me the solution also?!

Yeah it turns out I had to make a new OUAC account and then when I went to http://horizon.ouac.on.ca/uw/pharm and clicked on select programs and stuff it all worked out. You also have to apply for honours sci first. Turns out the supplementary app costs an additional 100$ too =(((

Aimango, can you ask your friend how many applicants there were last year? And what the interview process is like and how much prevalence is put on ECs as opposed to marks? Thanks! =)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@andrewk512 wrote

@gloria214h wrote

Yeah it turns out I had to make a new OUAC account and then when I went to http://horizon.ouac.on.ca/uw/pharm and clicked on select programs and stuff it all worked out. You also have to apply for honours sci first. Turns out the supplementary app costs an additional 100$ too =(((

Whoa,, 1 out of 20??
Anyways, thanks so much for the info you guys! I've applied!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

To aimango,,
Wait,,, so what happens if I don't get into the CAP program,,, can I still attend UW as a non-CAP student,,
do I get any alternative choices?
or do I need to apply and pay the application fee agian?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitflavor fruitflavor
some corrections to be made.
24 people were selected but i do not remember how many people were interviewed but i heard about 300 ppl applied.
go to futurepillpusher.com
it's a new forum we're working on specifically for people who were like us. One of the admin is current CAP student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
^ around 60 were interviewed.

@gloria214h wrote
To aimango,,
Wait,,, so what happens if I don't get into the CAP program,,, can I still attend UW as a non-CAP student,,
do I get any alternative choices?
or do I need to apply and pay the application fee agian?

if you dont get into CAP you still get into whatever sci program you got accepted to. you can still try to get into pharmacy in your upper years, but by then theyll look @ your uni marks too. the only advantage in CAP is that youre guaranteed into UW's pharmacy program.

i dont know of any alternatives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Can students from outside of Ontario apply for this program? I was just looking at it and it seems interesting and something I'd like to apply for since I really want to go into pharmacy, but it doesn't specify who can apply for it, but I'm assuming it's only for Ontario students since it lists U/M courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitflavor fruitflavor
yes students outside of ontario can apply.
i think there's one from BC and another from US
and guys sorry i posted the URL incorrectly so it's been fixed and also in my sig
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Where is the CAP AIF?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of XT360 XT360
If you're a student outside of Ontario do you still follow the CAP requirement of your top 6 grades or do you follow the standard set for your province by Waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0