yconic - U Ottawa or Carleton for Communication
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U Ottawa or Carleton for Communication

A photo of monty2211 monty2211
I was wondering which was the best in term of programs.

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of apollo2010 apollo2010
If you have to stay in Ottawa, Carleton. If you can leave Ottawa, go to Concordia.

I looked into the communication program at Carleton, and it's really good, especially under the Journalism faculty. However, I've been continuously hearing that Concordia is the best one to go to. Depending on what aspect of communications you're interested in, checking out Ryerson might not be a bad idea.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sevenzeroz sevenzeroz

@monty2211 wrote
I was wondering which was the best in term of programs.

Thank you!

Why don't you try doing some actual research yourself? Go to Uottawa and Carleton's websites and look at their communication degree programs. Look at the courses they offer, the specializations they offer, and electives.

The university that is the "best" in terms of programs is the one that tailors to your specific personal needs/wants. Besides the actual program there's also other things to consider, like amount of scholarships offered, if you want a bilingual campus, the actual layout of the campus, clubs/societies, etc.

Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy
Carleton, without a doubt! I'm from Ottawa, and in general, Carleton excels in Arts programs (Poli-Sci, Journalism, Communications, their PAPM Program etc.), while Ottawa is mainly sciences.

Hope I helped! :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0