yconic - U vs. M courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

U vs. M courses

A photo of KingSpades KingSpades
Next year when I apply to universities I am planning on sending in four U level courses and two M level courses. Obviously U level courses are more challenging but do universities really care? Would I be better off taking all U level courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of TheBusyCanadian TheBusyCanadian
I honestly don't think they care. In most requirements it says U or M. So either is fine as long it isn't C.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I can't think of any instances when a course is offered at both U and M levels (other than grade 11 math). Thus, how many M courses you have will depend on your interests, not on your academic capabilities. Universities, I'm sure, are well aware of this.

Take whatever interests you (though make sure to take at least four U courses).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
They don't care as long as it's not a required course for your program, so I guess it all depends on what you want to do in university. Research what the requirements for programs you're interested in are and take those courses. Or just take courses that interest you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
+ 1 to above

Take a combination of what interests you, what is required for your program, and maybe you want to challenge yourself a little.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Depends on the school/program.

I took all U and AP courses except accounting but that's just me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0