yconic - UBC - Sauder's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC - Sauder's

A photo of Rela Rela
Required Courses
All applicants must have completed Senior Level Math. BC High School applicants must have completed Principles of Math 12. While not a factor in the admissions decision, many students find that following a secondary school calculus course strongly enhances their performance in our first year Math course.

Greetings, I am currently a student in Grade 11, residing in Ontario. I am considering UBC as one of my alternative schools for undergrad. Their site states that I need Principles of Math 12. However, we do not have such a course in Ontario. We split our maths into 3 courses. Advanced Functions, Calculus/Vectors and Data Management are the 3 courses we are able to take.

Can anyone who is attending UBC or has been in my situation enlighten me on what prerequisites I need in order to qualify for this school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of TheSixxthRamone TheSixxthRamone
It's right on their website ;)

https://you.ubc.ca/ubc/vancouver/on.ezc

It says that the prerequisites for Ontario students wishing to apply for the Commerce program must have English 12 (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), and four other Grade 12 4U or 4M courses
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
Ahh, thank you. Sorry, I must have been looking at the wrong site. It seems like admissions are much easier, as it doesn't list calculus/vectors as a pre-requisite unlike most schools here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0