yconic - UBC Acceptance. That was easy...Too easy? hm.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Acceptance. That was easy...Too easy? hm.

A photo of KatieIsTheBest KatieIsTheBest
Okay, so I was very concerned that I would not get accepted to UBC Vancouver for the bachelor of arts program. At the information session, the woman told me it was very competitive, so I should strive for a high 80. I got my acceptance today. I had a 87% average last semester, and the letter says that in order to keep my conditional acceptance
I have to maintain an average of at least 67%. Which is ridiculous, 67% really, for UBC Vancouver? The fact that I got accepted shocks me as well, as 87% isnt that high, and I hadn't even filled out the supplemental application. So I was just wondering, is this really a good school/program, or should I just go for my second choice, which is nursing at Mcmaster in Ontario, which I also got accepted to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Oh good, I'm not the only one.

I was shocked as well. Did you self-report your grades?

Congratulations
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KatieIsTheBest KatieIsTheBest

@VegaKrazmych wrote
Oh good, I'm not the only one.

I was shocked as well. Did you self-report your grades?

Congratulations

Thank you. Congratulations to you too! :)

& Nope, I'm in Ontario, so all my information is sent through OUAC.
I'm just so surprised that I was accepted. I thought that surely UBC would have an insanely high cutoff this year.
Did you fill out the supplemental application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
No supplemental for me!

I shouldn't have checked back to this thread. I thought you had answered my question!

I also thought the cutoff would be much higher.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@KatieIsTheBest wrote
Okay, so I was very concerned that I would not get accepted to UBC Vancouver for the bachelor of arts program. At the information session, the woman told me it was very competitive, so I should strive for a high 80. I got my acceptance today. I had a 87% average last semester, and the letter says that in order to keep my conditional acceptance
I have to maintain an average of at least 67%. Which is ridiculous, 67% really, for UBC Vancouver? The fact that I got accepted shocks me as well, as 87% isnt that high, and I hadn't even filled out the supplemental application. So I was just wondering, is this really a good school/program, or should I just go for my second choice, which is nursing at Mcmaster in Ontario, which I also got accepted to.

Congrats.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Congrats. :)
Still waiting on my acceptance :(
I think UBC Arts has one of the lowest entrance averages, an A average pretty much guarantees your admission to Arts.
But between Arts and Nursing - those are two completelyyyy different programs.
Nursing is so structured and practical whereas Arts is so open, there are so many disciplines. It really depends on where your passion is in order to make a decision.
I've heard that UBC has one of the strongest Arts programs, there are so many options for you to choose from in Arts, so I think you'd be in good hands if you came over here.
Not to mention that Vancouver night life is pretty exciting :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I believe that the percentage you're required to maintain doesn't really reflect what the average required to get into the program will be. I can tell you that it isn't as low as 67%, and it's probably around the mid-80s. I think you're getting that average to maintain because they've already seen that you are capable of achieving their standard and no longer care.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fearlessforever fearlessforever
Congrats :)
If I was in your position I would choose Nursing at Mac :)
But thats just my two cents
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
Got accepted into Sauder!! Still waiting for my letter of acceptance!:) Good luck to everyone as well!
Was this helpful? Yes 0