yconic - UBC Admittance High School Grades
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Admittance High School Grades

A photo of JunLim JunLim
Hi, I know this is really late but I just want to confirm an issue that I have. I am really confused by how UBC calculate the admission averages. At first, I thought UBC only takes the highest marks of each course (school mark or blended mark), but just yesterday I was told that UBC only does that for BC students (I am from Alberta). I was admitted using the grades sent in by my school and the marks posted on SSC are my high school marks (the ones that are higher). Now, if UBC uses the blended marks for Alberta students, my average will be lower than it was when I was admitted. Will they think I am lying about my grades? Because I have no idea which marks my school sent for me. Is there anyone who can confirm for me whether UBC takes the blended marks or is it whichever marks that is higher for non-BC students? Thanks.

(I certainly hope they don't revoke my offer. I will not be able to go to any universities if they do, because I only accepted UBC. Sigh..)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
UBC takes the higher mark, either blended, or school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0