yconic - UBC Arts 2012
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Arts 2012

A photo of NettleShine NettleShine
Apparently admissions have started for international students, I was talking to a girl from the states today who got accepted for arts, 3.97 GPA and a decent amount of ECs. NERVE WRACKING
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of twototango twototango

@NettleShine wrote
Apparently admissions have started for international students, I was talking to a girl from the states today who got accepted for arts, 3.97 GPA and a decent amount of ECs. NERVE WRACKING

Congrats to her!

So i suppose UBC places a hugh emphasis on ECs rather than on grades?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@twototango wrote

@NettleShine wrote

Congrats to her!

So i suppose UBC places a hugh emphasis on ECs rather than on grades?

Yeah they made the Personal Profile mandatory this year, so they're putting a LOT of emphasis on it this year rather than just pure grades.

Good luck to you all and feel free to message me if you guys have any questions about UBC!
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
My mom works there. Last year everyone with 87 got into Arts, and 1/2 of those between 83 and 86 got in depending on the broad based admissions stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of twototango twototango

@Academentia wrote
My mom works there. Last year everyone with 87 got into Arts, and 1/2 of those between 83 and 86 got in depending on the broad based admissions stuff.

Well, i'm kinda worried that as an international applicant who got like ABB for my A levels, i have yet to receive any response from UBC arts :(

I suppose UBC starts giving out acceptance to international applicants very long ago?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

"Your application is currently under review. This can take some time and we thank you for your patience. We will provide you with an update as soon as we can. You can continue to check the status of your application here on the Student Service Centre. If you have not already, please arrange for a copy of your spring report card to be sent to UBC as soon as it is available, no later than April 30th. If you have provided us with an OUAC reference number, no further action is needed as we will soon receive your spring grades electronically."

Did anybody else get this message today?
I'm from Ontario if that makes a difference.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hikari9428 Hikari9428

@NettleShine wrote
"Your application is currently under review. This can take some time and we thank you for your patience. We will provide you with an update as soon as we can. You can continue to check the status of your application here on the Student Service Centre. If you have not already, please arrange for a copy of your spring report card to be sent to UBC as soon as it is available, no later than April 30th. If you have provided us with an OUAC reference number, no further action is needed as we will soon receive your spring grades electronically."

I'm from Ontario too, and I also got the same message today. I hope that means what will hopefully be our acceptances will come out soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Hikari9428 wrote

@NettleShine wrote

I'm from Ontario too, and I also got the same message today. I hope that means what will hopefully be our acceptances will come out soon.

Mine's still

We have now received all of the documentation required to proceed with an evaluation of your application. This can take some time and we thank you for your patience. We will provide you with an update as soon as we can. You can continue to check the status of your application here on the Student Service Centre.

What programs did you guys applied for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied for arts (first choice), and science (second choice), but only arts changed. I wouldn't worry too much about it not being changed though. My average is a lot lower than Hikari's (87), so I think it has more to do with when you submitted your application or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hikari9428 Hikari9428
I also applied for Arts, and that was what changed for me. If it helps, I submitted my application in late December.
Was this helpful? Yes 0