yconic - UBC ARTS!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC ARTS!!!

A photo of remose remose
Any one accepted by UBC arts?

1.What is your average and ECs?
2.Is it your first choice or second?
3.Which program did you apply for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of prmly prmly
I'm from BC and our acceptances (or god forbid, rejections) will come out April 20th and onwards.

Average is 87%. It would be 93% if it weren't for goddamn math and my inability to try in that class.

Right now, it's my first choice but my first choice changes daily so that's not saying much, haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Don't have to use math..
Unless you don't have enough provincially examinable courses..
Which sucks if that's the case.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
1.) 95. It was only like 93 on the transcript that they got for that batch.
2.) Second.
3.) Science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of remose remose
anyone get accepted yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KarZ KarZ
Accepted into Arts and Science
91.5% avg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSmith JSmith
On my application status it says this:

Based on the information you self-reported, you have not yet satisfied all requirements for this program. However, we will receive additional academic information from the Ministry of Education in mid-May, and we will re-evaluate your file at that time. Until then, your application to this program is on hold.

I have English and three other prov courses and all my grade 11 courses so is this is a mistake by them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tarasf tarasf

@JSmith wrote

Based on the information you self-reported, you have not yet satisfied all requirements for this program. However, we will receive additional academic information from the Ministry of Education in mid-May, and we will re-evaluate your file at that time. Until then, your application to this program is on hold.

I have English and three other prov courses and all my grade 11 courses so is this is a mistake by them?

This happened to my friend also, and a few others. What was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSmith JSmith

@tarasf wrote

@JSmith wrote

This happened to my friend also, and a few others. What was your average?

87.5%

Edit: It was my second choice though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tarasf tarasf
It may just mean that you didn't meet the admission average requirements, my friend had an 87 as well. They will probably just look at your application again in mid-may after other people have accepted/declined their offers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSmith JSmith

@tarasf wrote
It may just mean that you didn't meet the admission average requirements, my friend had an 87 as well. They will probably just look at your application again in mid-may after other people have accepted/declined their offers.

Makes sense, although a rather annoying way to word it on their part if its true. I guess i'll phone them tommorrow just to make sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tarasf tarasf
^ good plan.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
1) 89
2) Second
3) First choice is science
Was this helpful? Yes 0