yconic - UBC BSc Food Nutrition and Health Transfer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC BSc Food Nutrition and Health Transfer

A photo of hieusername hieusername
[SFU transfer to UBC]

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what the transfer GPA might be for UBC Van's Science Food Nutrition and Health? On the website it said somewhere between 2.3 - 2.8, but it would be great to hear your input!

I received the following messages for my two choices regarding my application to transfer to 2nd year UBC.

1) Sciences

Our initial evaluation of your application indicates that you are a strong candidate; however, due to the competitive nature of the program we aren't able to provide you with a decision quite yet. Once we have determined the number of spaces remaining in our program, we will advise you as to whether your application for admission is successful. You do not need to submit further information in support of your application. You can continue to check the status of your application here on the Student Service Centre.

2) Sciences Food Nutrition and Health

Based on our evaluation of your application to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. However, UBC will review your application again upon receipt of your final official transcript. Provided there is still space remaining in your preferred program, we will notify you if an offer of admission can be granted at that time. We wish you success in the remainder of your school year.

The first notice says I do not require to submit any further information. However the second notice says that they will review my application upon receipt of my final transcript. So in that case, does that mean I still have to order an online transcript and send it to UBC?

Thank you very much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Basically, you got rejected for the second program but am still being considered for the first program.
Because of the whole teacher strike thing, UBC is doing two rounds of admissions, so that messes things up a little.

Most transfer students get in pretty late, after all the high school students get in, so be patient!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hieusername hieusername
Cynthia: Rejected for the second choice? That's pretty surprising actually. Is the second choice much more competitive compared to sciences?
Was this helpful? Yes 0