yconic - UBC Commerce reply?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Commerce reply?

A photo of smj6434 smj6434
Hi guys, my status updated just today and here is what it says :

The Sauder School of Business Admissions Committee has reviewed your BCom Supplemental Application along with your academic record. As there are a large number of applicants to this program, we cannot make a decision on your application at this time. The majority of admission decisions will be made prior to the end of May. Please continue to check back here for updated information about the status of your application. If you are admitted, we will notify you immediately.
The following is a list of items which we recommend that you submit and/or is information that may be of interest to you:

Does this mean iam deferred? and do i still have a chance of getting in?
Im so depressed....
(i have a 91 average and an okay ECC (my essays were quite good though))
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
The same thing happened to my friend and she's pretty down in the dumps, don't worry.
It just means you've been waitlisted pretty much, but you'll be one of the firsts they review again in the second round.
This also happened to someone I know last year, he was waitlisted for 2 weeks and then got an acceptance, so just hang on for a bit. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mustgetinsauder123 mustgetinsauder123

@smj6434 wrote

The Sauder School of Business Admissions Committee has reviewed your BCom Supplemental Application along with your academic record. As there are a large number of applicants to this program, we cannot make a decision on your application at this time. The majority of admission decisions will be made prior to the end of May. Please continue to check back here for updated information about the status of your application. If you are admitted, we will notify you immediately.
The following is a list of items which we recommend that you submit and/or is information that may be of interest to you:

Im so depressed....

man i got
Based on your academic record to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. We will review your application again when your final grades are available and inform you of our admission decision.

I got a good supplemental, i know a guy with 75 getting in and 76 getting . the 75 guy had a quality of a supp on PAR with me or worse. my term 1 average is 72.5... but after term 2, it's 80-81%... what do you think? I tihnk if your EC shows ur well rounded, you shud have got in already, that means ur ec is only decent if they defer you since ur grades are high
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of serene1harmony serene1harmony
I'm a Sauder student ambassador (i.e. current Sauder student who goes to high schools to talk about Sauder), and I'm sorry to break it to you, but your friend there did NOT get admitted into Sauder with an average of 75 (or 76), unless your friend is really old and got admitted years ago. The minimum cut-off average for Sauder is 84%, which means that Sauder will not even consider your supplemental if you don't meet that number. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you will be admitted once you hit the 84% mark; the admission average last year was 91%.

Heck, it'd be hard getting into UBC Arts with a 75% average. The Arts admission average last year was somewhere in the high eighties.

@mustgetinsauder123 wrote

@smj6434 wrote

Im so depressed....

man i got
Based on your academic record to date, we are unable to offer you admission at this time. We will review your application again when your final grades are available and inform you of our admission decision.

I got a good supplemental, i know a guy with 75 getting in and 76 getting . the 75 guy had a quality of a supp on PAR with me or worse. my term 1 average is 72.5... but after term 2, it's 80-81%... what do you think? I tihnk if your EC shows ur well rounded, you shud have got in already, that means ur ec is only decent if they defer you since ur grades are high

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12
Hi guys, this is the response I received today.

Degree/Program: Bachelor of Commerce
Your supplemental application is currently under review by the Faculty/School. Once your supplemental application has been evaluated, you will receive written confirmation of our admission decision.

My avg is 95% and my supp app is very well done. I just received an offer of admission to Arts, waiting for Commerce now!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mutuba mutuba

@serene1harmony wrote
I'm a Sauder student ambassador (i.e. current Sauder student who goes to high schools to talk about Sauder), and I'm sorry to break it to you, but your friend there did NOT get admitted into Sauder with an average of 75 (or 76), unless your friend is really old and got admitted years ago. The minimum cut-off average for Sauder is 84%, which means that Sauder will not even consider your supplemental if you don't meet that number. HOWEVER, that does not mean that you will be admitted once you hit the 84% mark; the admission average last year was 91%.

Heck, it'd be hard getting into UBC Arts with a 75% average. The Arts admission average last year was somewhere in the high eighties.

@mustgetinsauder123 wrote

@smj6434 wrote

Im so depressed....

man i got

He's talking about his uni average, not high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
Got admitted two weeks ago with a 90.5% average and apparently execellent supplementary? since I got in in the very first round.. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an offer from sauder! :) and join the class of 2015 page on facebook if you get in.. Let's get to know each other now!! FYI: 150ishh people have already joined the group.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smj6434 smj6434
Did anyone else get deferred? I think once u get deferred there is really not much chace
For u to get into sauder...:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheSixxthRamone TheSixxthRamone
UBC is weird with admissions.. I'm a transfer student hopeful for year two Sauder, and although I have only a 71% average, I have not been deferred and the admissions team said I would know within a week or two
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ZOMGACOW ZOMGACOW

@smj6434 wrote
Did anyone else get deferred? I think once u get deferred there is really not much chace
For u to get into sauder...:(

Nah dude, a lot of the deferred applicants actually get accepted later in May, according to what happened last year apparently...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poachedsalmon poachedsalmon
http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst22021_UBC-Sauder.aspx
try checking this thread on the old forum out, hopefully it'll answer some questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Somewhat relevant: UBC's lip dub is actually fantastic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpp3quce1Vo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12
JUST GOT ADMITTED TODAY!!!
Congratulations you have been admitted! You will be receiving a letter from us shortly.

UBC is also pleased to offer you the President's Entrance Scholarship valued at $2500. To ensure that you receive the scholarship, please review the requirements outlined at https://you.ubc.ca/ubc/vancouver/cdnpes.ezc.

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheSixxthRamone TheSixxthRamone

@RB12 wrote
Congratulations you have been admitted! You will be receiving a letter from us shortly.

UBC is also pleased to offer you the President's Entrance Scholarship valued at $2500. To ensure that you receive the scholarship, please review the requirements outlined at https://you.ubc.ca/ubc/vancouver/cdnpes.ezc.

today? wow, congrats! May I ask how you found out though, since the SSC is shut down? And congrats on the scholarship! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12

@TheSixxthRamone wrote

@RB12 wrote

today? wow, congrats! May I ask how you found out though, since the SSC is shut down? And congrats on the scholarship! :D

Ya I thought it was closed, but you can still sign in! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mutuba mutuba

@RB12 wrote

@TheSixxthRamone wrote

@RB12 wrote

If you don't mind my asking, what was your self-reported average? Are you a BC resident? I'm just wondering because the average necessary for the President's Entrance Scholarship seems to be a bit vague.

Congratulations on your admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12

@mutuba wrote

@RB12 wrote

@TheSixxthRamone wrote

@RB12 wrote

If you don't mind my asking, what was your self-reported average? Are you a BC resident? I'm just wondering because the average necessary for the President's Entrance Scholarship seems to be a bit vague.

Congratulations on your admission.

Hey! My average is 95.5%, but it gets rounded down to 95. I am a BC resident.
To receive the President's Entrance Scholarship, you need to have an min. average of 95%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0