yconic - UBC Commerce VS Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Commerce VS Rotman Commerce

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
I'm a tranfer student looking into getting year 2. I'm not too worried about my grades- I should hit a 90% average (keep in mind this is NOT high school average) by the end of this semester.

The only thing that's holding me back is no co-op at Rotman.. I need to get that experience so I'm not jobless when I grad.

I can't decide. Ultimately I just want the best route to get the highest GPA while still landing a job. I know the "too many asians" theory already, but UBC is pretty full of them as well. Toronto is a lot funner than Vancouver, though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of WD50 WD50
I'm pretty sure there's internships at UT, but really sorry, I don't know the difference between CO-OP and internship.

I'm from Van, and I can guarantee you that Sauder is gonna be filled with Asians. Rumour has it that people in Sauder are real dcks if you know what i mean.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@WD50 wrote
I'm from Van, and I can guarantee you that Sauder is gonna be filled with Asians. Rumour has it that people in Sauder are real dcks if you know what i mean.

wooohooo.. Vancouverites uniteee..
+1
:bball:
Yeppp, I agree.. I've heard that Sauder students are full of themselves.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin

@cyynthiia wrote

@WD50 wrote

wooohooo.. Vancouverites uniteee..
+1
:bball:
Yeppp, I agree.. I've heard that Sauder students are full of themselves.

Yes, that's true. They view everyone else as their "competition" and don't like to help you. I have some family friends who go to Sauder and I just asked them for some input on my Supplemental seeing that they got in.. and of course they don't.

@WD50 wrote
I'm pretty sure there's internships at UT, but really sorry, I don't know the difference between CO-OP and internship.

Co-op = shorter work terms, easier to get... only need 70%+ average. Usually goes for a semester.
Internship = much longer work terms (1 year usually), some of them are much harder to get in because they don't take many students (like UBC's PMF), higher pay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0