yconic - UBC deferrals
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC deferrals

A photo of ZOMGACOW ZOMGACOW
Is anyone still waiting for an admission decision from UBC? I'm STILL waiting for Sauder. I have no clue what the hell is going on (I'm assuming I'm still not going to be hearing anything from them until June at the earliest, because it's getting awfully close to the end of the month), so does anyone know if they regularly hold off applications until after June?

Oh, and do the people held until after June actually get rejected? I've heard it's like some sort of waitlist...I'm still unclear about all this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of canucksfan canucksfan
I am in the same situation as you. From what I have understood we are on a waitlist so as peoples offer of admissions expire or are rejected they will look at the waitlist to see who can replace that person. It looks like it will extend into June until we finally find out if we get in or not. Good luck man
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of moodeline moodeline
I've already got in, but I have a friend who didn't hear either way until the end of June last year :( I don't know why they're so slow at responding to people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych

@moodeline wrote
I've already got in, but I have a friend who didn't hear either way until the end of June last year :( I don't know why they're so slow at responding to people.

They have to wait for people to decline so there are enough spots in the program to let more people in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ZOMGACOW ZOMGACOW

@moodeline wrote

Did your buddy get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0