yconic - UBC ENGINEERING
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC ENGINEERING

A photo of kennethtjong kennethtjong
i havent get any acceptance, and been asked to wait for decision, i have 88.25% average, and okay supplementals. anyone in same condition?because my friend got in with 86% :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of Flooks Flooks
yup, 85% still waiting here... its killing mee zz...>.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hahaha be patient man! give me update as soon as u get something!goodluck, and dont forget to find me if we both make it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Well i got rejected for my 2nd choice, which i kinda knew was ganna happen, but for engineering, it says that theyre reviewing my supplemental, and they'll mail me whenever they make a decision... Im sooo nervoussss =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
^
keep checking the ubc student service centre because i never got an email regarding my admission decision even though it said i would

good luck! i think u should be fine =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

anything yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Negative,

Your supplemental application is currently under review by the Faculty/School. We will notify you by email as soon as the faculty has made their decision.

We should find out soon or towards mid-may, for sure prior to the end of may tho
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol, yeah... u should tell me bud! goodluck though, whats ur name bud
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Haha I think I know who u are =D u always post on the perspective undergraduate page on facebook, but i cant tell u my name because of obvious reasons lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
WOW my friend got in with 88% as a 2nd choice and he said he didnt think they looked at his supplemental, this is bs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of civilboy civilboy
Too exsited to meet everyone!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

woww...my friend got in with 86.25 lol... i dk man, i also put it as my first choice as well.. maybe his supplementals is super good
Was this helpful? Yes 0

anyway when he got the update?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
I think they looked at his marks and immediately gave him the offer, which doesnt make sense because i thought they raise 2nd choice by 4%... which would mean i would have a higher average than him but they need to review my supplemental but not his <_>

he got the offer last night
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i thought they dont give offer after 4 pm?
ya be patient, add my facebook man we can talk over the chat and we see each other conditions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mdhorner mdhorner
Hey all,

My application is on hold. " Based on the information you self-reported, you have not yet satisfied all requirements for this program. However, we will receive additional academic information from the Ministry of Education in mid-May, and we will re-evaluate your file at that time. Until then, your application to this program is on hold."

I have my Chem 12, Math 12, Physics 12, and English 12(88% course, 75% exam, grrr) marks submitted, my average is 87.75% after the provincial exam dragging me down. All im missing is my French 11 I think which was submitted this week and should be picked up by them on Monday. Would they have just rejected me? I have stated in my supplemental that I have been a Provincial and National MTB team member with countless national champ podiums, and also a Provincial Ski Cross team member with many awards and achievements.

What are my chances of being admitted when they pick up my French 11 mark?

Cheers,
Max.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks
Your application is good, you most likely will be accepted :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0