yconic - UBC First Choice and Second Choice Admission
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC First Choice and Second Choice Admission

A photo of WD50 WD50
My first choice is BCommerce and second choice is BApplied Sciences.

The thing is, I now want to go to Applied Sciences.

Do you know whether UBC will admit someone for their second choice even though that person has not refused or has not been refused for their 1st choice?

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ott93 ott93
If you get into the commerce program, you won't be considered for applied science. You can only get accepted to one program at UBC. general science was my first choice, while general arts was my second choice. Since I was accepted to science, I didn't get into arts so I would suggest you contact them to change your order of preference.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
^
not entirely true. Some people get an offer for their second choice 1st because their first application is week, then get an offer to the 1st choice after(people decline offers, etc.)

i know someone who accepted arts before getting an offer to commerce really late though. june/july i think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@jenyouwin wrote
^
not entirely true. Some people get an offer for their second choice 1st because their first application is week, then get an offer to the 1st choice after(people decline offers, etc.)

i know someone who accepted arts before getting an offer to commerce really late though. june/july i think

A lot of my friends are in this situation.
They got into their second choice but are still waiting on their first choice.
So there is a possibility that you can still get into your second, but once you get accepted into your first choice program, I doubt they will consider you for your second unless there's extra spots at the end of the year when people accept/decline offers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WD50 WD50
I got into second choice, thanks everyone.

First choice is still under review, seeing I only submitted in my marks a couple of days ago.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Flooks Flooks

congrats! when did you get the acceptance? today? do you mind telling me your entrance average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WD50 WD50

@Flooks wrote

congrats! when did you get the acceptance? today? do you mind telling me your entrance average?

yea, got in that day. Commerce is still "under review".

entrance average is ~96%
Was this helpful? Yes 0