yconic - UBC Major Entrance Scholarship/ Entrance Award
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Major Entrance Scholarship/ Entrance Award

A photo of civilboy civilboy
just sent my package i applied to both scholarships surprised there is no thread well there is one now:cheers: who else applied from last years thread hardly anyone won the mes :bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
100 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Applied, didn't really try.
Oh and the late decisions are a bummer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
One of my friends who graduated last year won the MES for UBC.
40k.. crazy!
On top of her 5+ other scholarships.. @____@
Commerce students are insane.
Plus she had an average over 94 and was a Scouts leader, club leader.. and spent her whole summer in Africa saving children!
Goooood luck to everyone who applied this year, I have a few friends nominated from my school this year and they've got some impressive ECs!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
93% Average. We'll see.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

application is in vancouver what a relief i thought it wasnt going to get there on time now the wait until april 30. its either ubc or queens no clue what i am going to choose
Was this helpful? Yes 0

24 hours left to get them in. Now, we wait...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of EricaMChow EricaMChow
Was there a required form where we had to state our financial situation? Because I applied for the UBC-okanagan one and on the pdf, we could only fill out the student declaration,essay, and declaration of activities...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

depends did u apply mes or entrance award?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EricaMChow EricaMChow
The MES one. So I guess I'm good. Had a little heart attack when I thought I missed filling out something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

:bigsmurf: i guess no one else who has commented on this thread has applied?:bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12
I applied for this scholarship! They only nominated two people from my school and I was lucky enough to be one of them

Does anybody know how many of these scholarships they give out each year?

My current average (including interim marks) is about 95.5%. I also have decent EC's and awards. I'd be happy if I received $5000! :D But my main goal is to get into Sauder
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i think its 10 or so entrance award and over 80 for mes who else applied for the financial need entrance award
Was this helpful? Yes 0

has anyone been notified that ubc has received their applications would they update cwl?:scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have recieved no notification confirming they have my application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12

@civilboy wrote
has anyone been notified that ubc has received their applications would they update cwl?:scratch:

MES application timeline

1. Applications due by 4:00 pm on March 1, 2011.
2. Email confirmations of received applications will be sent by March 15, 2011.
3. Scholarship status notification will be given by April 30, 2011.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jluu19 jluu19

I applied for this scholarship! They only nominated two people from my school and I was lucky enough to be one of them

Does anybody know how many of these scholarships they give out each year?

My current average (including interim marks) is about 95.5%. I also have decent EC's and awards. I'd be happy if I received $5000! :D But my main goal is to get into Sauder

Wow, that sounds impressive! I've applied too, but I'm pretty sure others will beat me to it since it is nationwide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktmills6 ktmills6
I was just wondering if anyone thinks its a problem that I didnt put my UBC student number on the second page of my essay (I stapled them together though) Im really worried about it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Summer16 Summer16
I was nominated for this award last year (although I didn't accept the nomination, because UBC wasn't my school of choice). I carried a 98% average through grade 12, and I was on Grad Committee, Student Council, plus a bunch of other clubs, I volunteered in the community, worked with kids, and held a job. I actually ended up winning this award from the school I attend now. Not to be a downer, but this is what you're up against.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I talked to a member of the scholarship committe from okanagan and they told me they werent sending email confirmatioms im confused any ways @summer16 i have almoust identical extracurriculars average is lower though i dont think i have a legit shot at the mes but entrance award absolutely
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin

@Summer16 wrote
I was nominated for this award last year (although I didn't accept the nomination, because UBC wasn't my school of choice). I carried a 98% average through grade 12, and I was on Grad Committee, Student Council, plus a bunch of other clubs, I volunteered in the community, worked with kids, and held a job. I actually ended up winning this award from the school I attend now. Not to be a downer, but this is what you're up against.

how much did you get?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got a $27,000 entrance scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Which, while lower than UBC, (correct?)is the highest offered here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of allgpa allgpa
does anyone know how much money ubc gives to those students entering with above a certain gpa?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
You'll get at least 1k for having a 86, I believe.
And the amounts go up from there depending on your average
Was this helpful? Yes 0