yconic - UBC Major Entrance Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Major Entrance Scholarships

A photo of Acnaypes Acnaypes
How do these work, exactly? I am currently in my final year of high school, and I submitted my application to UBC already, but how do we know to apply for this scholarship if we do not know if we are accepted or not? Maybe I'm just confused but any help pertaining to any of my concerns would be greatly appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ngoumeniouk ngoumeniouk
Your school needs to nominate you for these scholarships-- they're allowed to nominate the equivalent of 2% of the graduating class. Once you have the nomination you can apply for the scholarship itself (in the application there will be a place for your counsellor/principal to sign acknowledging the nomination). In general I think being nominated for major scholarships, even if you don't receive them, reflects your chances of acceptance (simply because if your school thinks you're worth the money, UBC will appreciate that, but it certainly isn't a rule). So yes you apply before you know whether or not you're accepted, but if you're a candidate in the running for one of these scholarships I see no reason why you wouldn't be accepted into the school. Hope that helps! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Acnaypes Acnaypes

@ngoumeniouk wrote
Your school needs to nominate you for these scholarships-- they're allowed to nominate the equivalent of 2% of the graduating class. Once you have the nomination you can apply for the scholarship itself (in the application there will be a place for your counsellor/principal to sign acknowledging the nomination). In general I think being nominated for major scholarships, even if you don't receive them, reflects your chances of acceptance (simply because if your school thinks you're worth the money, UBC will appreciate that, but it certainly isn't a rule). So yes you apply before you know whether or not you're accepted, but if you're a candidate in the running for one of these scholarships I see no reason why you wouldn't be accepted into the school. Hope that helps! :)

That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for your help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0