yconic - UBC Residence Question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Residence Question

A photo of Tgroves17 Tgroves17
Hi, I just want to know if anybody has had experience or knows something about my current situation. I applied in December to UBC for the fall of 2011 along with my housing application, got accepted, and now was researching about the residence at UBC. I read about the first year gaurantee for residence in Totem and Vanier and the requirements for getting the first year gaurantee. I meet them all except for the fact that I graduated in 2010 not 2011 (I took a year off for athletic endeavours and to make some money). I asked the housing office and they said that I endeed am not eligible for the first year gaurantee for residence in Totem or Vanier and that I will be put on a waiting list and may get in if space opens up. I know that UBC opened up alot more beds in Totem for 2011 but I just want to know what the real chances of me are to get in to Vanier or Totem if I'm not a "pure" first year student. I am from Alberta and had like a 95% average when applying in December so I dont know if that gives me any leverage. If anybody attends UBC and knows about this kind of stuff any info would be appreciated as I really want to know if I can get into Totem or Vanier because I dont want to be in an evironment where everybody is older than me as I barely reach the age cut off for places like Gage Towers and such.

thanks,
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies