yconic - UBC Residence
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Residence

A photo of prmly prmly
Anyone else living at UBC for first-year? We still haven't received our room assignments and I'm dying to know if I'm in Vanier or Totem. Hoping for Vanier though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
25 replies

A photo of CorySutherland CorySutherland
Yeah bro I'm livin in UBC Res this year. Still haven't gotten my offer yet. I'M EAGER.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cinderg5 cinderg5
I'll be in UBC res as well. How much longer are we going to have to wait? Its getting ridiculous.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bapadaboopy bapadaboopy
I talked to the housing lady. She said that they should be finished assignments by the end of the week and they will go out next week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@bapadaboopy wrote
I talked to the housing lady. She said that they should be finished assignments by the end of the week and they will go out next week.

ahhhh too long to wait. need to know where to order to for linens, books... ahh well its ubc halls wwwwwwwwooooop woop
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
Me too :) They said Mid-Aug but im sooooo curious to know right now!!! hahah
Was this helpful? Yes 0

ahhhh had to order my frosh week pack but wasnt sure which address to send it to! issues!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

when somebody here hears can they post and let us know?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
We find out tomorrow apparently.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

WTF. I couldn't wait to get home from work today to see my room assignment and nothing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ReDesign ReDesign
Apparently, some people have started to receive their housing info. I haven't yet, though :c
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emma1330 emma1330
I've received my housing info already- shared room in Vanier, but in an all-girls house (Kootenay). Not sure what I should think about this... I was kind of hoping for co-ed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@emma1330 wrote
I've received my housing info already- shared room in Vanier, but in an all-girls house (Kootenay). Not sure what I should think about this... I was kind of hoping for co-ed.

Do you want to switch? I have a shared room in Totem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
So I got my housing assignment and was placed in double room in Totem (ugh) so does anyone in Vanier want to switch with me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of markjay markjay
I am really happy, I got a single room in Totem!! :)
Anyone living in Totem?:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

i got put in totem, in "həm'ləsəm'" house!! apparently its co-ed floors, which could be cool or could not... anyone know more about this? im transferring into second year, but only got upgraded to second year a couple of weeks ago - will i be with mostly 2nd year students?

also, fyi its a connected single room, which is kind of cool!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

also im a male if that makes any difference
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emma1330 emma1330

@prmly wrote

@emma1330 wrote

Do you want to switch? I have a shared room in Totem.

Really? What house?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
I just got mine as well, Totem, Haida House Shared.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CorissaD CorissaD
I'm in TOTEM!! hem'lesem' house, single connected room...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CorissaD wrote

I'm willing to trade some one in totem with a shared room... Still thinking about it, though!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CorissaD wrote

@CorissaD wrote

I'm willing to trade some one in totem with a shared room... Still thinking about it, though!

i wouldn't. i've got the same and it looks legit. you have a semi-roommate what with the shared bathroom if that's your concern. if it's financial then by all means but i'm in a single connected room in hmsm and i think weve hit the jackpot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JRogers123 wrote

@CorissaD wrote

@CorissaD wrote

i wouldn't. i've got the same and it looks legit. you have a semi-roommate what with the shared bathroom if that's your concern. if it's financial then by all means but i'm in a single connected room in hmsm and i think weve hit the jackpot!

hahah After I saw what the room actually was, on the website, I decided it was for me!! You're right, hmsm is going to be amazing. Jackpot is about right ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think the connected rooms are nice and all but they are so expensive. They are a thousand dollars more than a shared which was at the top of my list. I'm torn between the great location, room, and the cost. If anyone has shared room I'm entertaining offers still.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@bapadaboopy wrote
I think the connected rooms are nice and all but they are so expensive. They are a thousand dollars more than a shared which was at the top of my list. I'm torn between the great location, room, and the cost. If anyone has shared room I'm entertaining offers still.

please tell me you're a female
if so, I will give you $100 to switch
Was this helpful? Yes 0