yconic - UBC Sauder Acceptance 2011!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Sauder Acceptance 2011!!!!

A photo of adriankh adriankh
umm I just checked my UBC student center..

Status: Congratulations you have been admitted! You will be receiving a letter from us shortly.

Does UBC Sauder normally give out offers this early? Is this serious? I still can't believe it...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
26 replies

A photo of sunshinesushi sunshinesushi
I got my admission last week and I was also VERY surprised. But I'm really excited and I guess Sauder does give out admissions even this early in the year. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canucksfan canucksfan
mines is still under evaluation sigh. What your guys 4 course average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I was actually a transfer student from first year at university so that's why I was even more surprised :albino: So I'm guessing my average is going to be considerably different from that of what a high school student would normally need to get into Sauder :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My average is 90.5%.. average? I guess.

I think it's cos of my essays.. I put SO MUCH EFFORT ON THEM!! THREE DRAFTS!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just wondering.. has anyone else from highschool gotten their offers yet?

cos I still can't believe I just got in this early!! while I am still waiting for my transcripts to be done reviewing for Queen's, York and UT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sstar Sstar
Congrats ~
Did you submit your supp. early?
My friends who submitted early have gotten acceptances too.

My application is still in the process of being evaluated D:
How long was yours under evaluation?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I submitted my supplementals on Mar 14 (the day just before the deadline..)
I self-reported my marks Mar 21 I believe it was a Monday..
and my status changed today on Mar 28 which is also a Monday..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of serene1harmony serene1harmony
Congratulations.

I'm a current Sauder student, so I guess you'll be joining us next year? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't know yet.. Sauder is like the first offer I got.. and Queen's commerce which I'm still waiting for is actually my first choice.. I'm from Vancouver, but I wanna experience studying away from home.. idk:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I can't give you a comparison between the two, because I've never been to Queen's before. Personally, I really love Sauder because of all the involvement opportunities. You can come check out the campus since you live in Vancouver!

The Sauder building has a really modern feel to it compared to the other faculties' buildings, and the main hallway (CA Hall in the Henry Angus Building) is always filled with booths for opportunities to be involved in school (in a fun way, of course).

If you do come, you should definitely check out the Canaccord Learning Commons. We have awesome huge flat screen tvs that you can hook your laptop onto. I was playing Starcraft on the huge tvs and it felt sooo good lol We also have a cafe in our building, and Whitespot, Tim Horton's, a pizza place, and another random healthy food place right beside the building.

But you should definitely ask a Queen's student about their school :D It's a good school too! Good luck on your decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gunner12 Gunner12
Are u bc students ??? or other province??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
Thanks serene1harmony! :)
and Gunnder12: I think we are all from BC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of akashv akashv

@adriankh wrote

Hey congrats on getting in! I just got in the other day too! Just being straight up it is unheard of for someone to get into Sauder with an average lower than 92. That's apparently what the lowest average was last year too, you must've had a killer supplemental no doubt to have gotten in once again congrats! Do you mind me asking what the marks were for your English, Math, and two other subjects that you submitted?

Thanks...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Snack Snack

@adriankh wrote
I don't know yet.. Sauder is like the first offer I got.. and Queen's commerce which I'm still waiting for is actually my first choice.. I'm from Vancouver, but I wanna experience studying away from home.. idk:(

im only in grade 11 but as of now thats what im feeling
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Snack Snack
how does sauder rank nationwide?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hotmustard121 hotmustard121

@sunshinesushi wrote
I was actually a transfer student from first year at university so that's why I was even more surprised :albino: So I'm guessing my average is going to be considerably different from that of what a high school student would normally need to get into Sauder :P

Hey sushi I am a transfer student too. What were your core and overall averages?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@hotmustard121 wrote

@sunshinesushi wrote

Hey sushi I am a transfer student too. What were your core and overall averages?

Haha, well I don't think I can tell you what my exact average is but I did manage to get an A- (for both overall and core). And even that wasn't easily earned! I wish I could have done better; but I did work hard. Are you a UBC student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure what my core avg. would be considering my final marks aren't out yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@akashv wrote

@adriankh wrote

Hey congrats on getting in! I just got in the other day too! Just being straight up it is unheard of for someone to get into Sauder with an average lower than 92. That's apparently what the lowest average was last year too, you must've had a killer supplemental no doubt to have gotten in once again congrats! Do you mind me asking what the marks were for your English, Math, and two other subjects that you submitted?

Thanks...

Haha not to be cocky, but my essays were actually like the best I could possibly write!
I mean like even if the two essays are given back to me now, I still can't make it any better!
Anyways, here are my marks for my top 4 courses:
English 12 81%
Math 12 95%
Physics 12 93%
Geography 12 93%

and I'm also taking AP calculus too, but I don't think this did affect their decision though. And CONGRATZ TO YOU TOO!! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Snack wrote
how does sauder rank nationwide?

Umm I would say Sauder is one of the best business schools across the nation, but definitely not the best!

Here is my ranking (IN MY OPINION!):
1. Ivey (don't like the 2+2, but its business program's reputation is the best)
2. Queen's (GREAT PROGRAM! GREAT SCHOOL!my top choice)
3. Schulich
4. Sauder
5. Mcgill
6. Rotman

I know I probably missed out some of the great schools in ontario, like Laurier etc too.. but since I'm from vancouver, these six are like the top and worldwide ones to me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@akashv wrote

@adriankh wrote

Thanks...

Actually, I know someone with 84% (minimum cut-off) who got in last year. A lot of my friends got in with an average around ninety. I also know someone with 98% who was rejected from Sauder. Fifty percent of the admission decision is based on grades, and fifty percent is based on the supplemental.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RB12 RB12
I only know of about 10 people who have received a Sauder acceptance (including the ones posted in this forum). Has anyone else received an acceptance recently? If so, could you please post your average and main ECs. Thanks

My avg is 94.5% and my ECs are stellar (I'm very involved in my school and within the community)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48

@RB12 wrote
I only know of about 10 people who have received a Sauder acceptance (including the ones posted in this forum). Has anyone else received an acceptance recently? If so, could you please post your average and main ECs. Thanks

My avg is 94.5% and my ECs are stellar (I'm very involved in my school and within the community)

I got in on Friday! my average was 89.5 my main ecs were:

student council prez this year
student council secretary last year
student council grade 9 rep (grade 9 lol)
volunteered at a marathon for 2 years
ecomentor for 3 years
S.T.A.N.D. member for two years
ski team
AIDE committee
debate club
Prefect for 3 years
Head of the props crew in last years school play

but in all honesty it was my essays i think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of speedy48 speedy48

@RB12 wrote

I got in on Friday! my average was 89.5 my main ecs were:

student council prez this year
student council secretary last year
student council grade 9 rep (grade 9 lol)
volunteered at a marathon for 2 years
ecomentor for 3 years
S.T.A.N.D. member for two years
ski team
AIDE committee
debate club
Prefect for 3 years
Head of the props crew in last years school play

but in all honesty it was my essays i think
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mustgetinsauder123 mustgetinsauder123

@sunshinesushi wrote

@hotmustard121 wrote

@sunshinesushi wrote

Haha, well I don't think I can tell you what my exact average is but I did manage to get an A- (for both overall and core). And even that wasn't easily earned! I wish I could have done better; but I did work hard. Are you a UBC student?

Hey for term 1 i got 72.5 but term 2 is 87 or so, i calculated, average will be 80-81% which is an A- and core is a bit higher.

I spent so much effort and time to make my supplemental really good, do you think i'll get in? I haven't got an offer yet (transfer student from ubco)
Was this helpful? Yes 0