yconic - UBC Sauder acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Sauder acceptance

A photo of Vangolf Vangolf
I am currently having an average of approximately 90~ish?!?! (Low to mid 90's)
I am seeking your truthful opinion on my chances of getting acceptance into UBC - Sauder Commerce Program
However, my English(78%)is pulling my average down significantly but i am still getting a 90's average.

Does UBC take English course into top priority?
I am wondering what are my chances of getting into first year acceptance:!:
Have anyone gotten any acceptance from UBC already?
I have seen many people getting acceptance in other university but not UBC. Have they sent out their yearly acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
26 replies

A photo of maex maex
I've applied to Sauder too with around the same average, low 90's.. I think you do have a good chance of getting into Sauder grades wise. I'm not in UBC but from what I've read on this forum,it really depends on how well you wrote your Personal Profile. Apparently it's worth 50% of the evaluation and your grades are the other 50. I also heard that they reject people with 98% averages, and also accepted people with high 80's.. So I think it really comes down to your Personal Profile. Not many have gotten accepted as far as I know. International students have though, so depends on your location I guess?
Hope I've helped :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
They don't send out acceptances until mid April unless you're an international student, regardless of how amazing your application is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne

@Rela wrote
They don't send out acceptances until mid April unless you're an international student, regardless of how amazing your application is.

How about other province transfers? And which university will you attend out of the one's accepted? I would not chose Rotman if I were in your shoes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela

@JonathanEtienne wrote

@Rela wrote

How about other province transfers? And which university will you attend out of the one's accepted? I would not chose Rotman if I were in your shoes.

I'm not too sure about transfers, you might want to call them and ask about that yourself. Depending if I get into all my programs, my final decision will be between UBC, Math/CA and Queens Commerce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh

@Rela wrote

Speaking from personal and working experience with the undergraduate office, they do send out acceptances before mid-April. Me and my friend got accepted around mid-March last year. Reason being might be we've had pretty good applications? lol ohh and we are both from local Vancouver!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex
@adrianfkh What was your average when you got accepted? & what were your EC's like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh

@maex wrote
@adrianfkh What was your average when you got accepted? & what were your EC's like?

My average was not exceptionally high: 91% so I assume my EC's were pretty descent? lol

Btw just by meeting with the staff at the undergraduate office today, they have only admitted 20 domestic students so far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of drishinbalz drishinbalz
Hey guys I'm wondering a couple of things - anyone here applying with the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma.. what are your grades like?

Also, has anyone received an alternative offer/2nd choice offer?

I received an offer to my 2nd choice application for Bachelor of Management at Okanagan..

I'm a Canadian citizen outside of Canada btw
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hughesm4 hughesm4

@drishinbalz wrote
Hey guys I'm wondering a couple of things - anyone here applying with the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma.. what are your grades like?

I received an offer to my 2nd choice application for Bachelor of Management at Okanagan..

Hey, I live in Vancouver, and I've almost completed the IBDP with mid-30's marks (excluding bonus).

I've been accepted to my 2nd choice, Bachelor of Management at UBCO. I have also just received an acceptance to Sauder, my first choice, so they have begun sending out acceptances!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hanschoi0713 hanschoi0713

@hughesm4 wrote

@drishinbalz wrote

Hey, I live in Vancouver, and I've almost completed the IBDP with mid-30's marks (excluding bonus).

I've been accepted to my 2nd choice, Bachelor of Management at UBCO. I have also just received an acceptance to Sauder, my first choice, so they have begun sending out acceptances!

Aren't you also affected by the recent job action in BC? When did you apply to UBC Sauder?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33

@hanschoi0713 wrote

@hughesm4 wrote

@drishinbalz wrote

Aren't you also affected by the recent job action in BC? When did you apply to UBC Sauder?

sup Hans. ;), guess who

i know a friend who got into ubc sauders double major with comp sci today too
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of drishinbalz drishinbalz

@hughesm4 wrote

@drishinbalz wrote

Hey congrats!

Our situations really are similar haha. Except I'm not accepted yet.. :(

Mind if I ask what was your mark exactly? Out of 42. And is that the only mark that you sent to UBC? Cause I had 35/42 at first and then sent in grades of 38/45 (but I'm not sure if they've seen that yet).

Also, does anyone know how the admissions works? Is there like a second round, or is rolling basis from now on or what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex

@adrianfkh wrote

@maex wrote

My average was not exceptionally high: 91% so I assume my EC's were pretty descent? lol

Btw just by meeting with the staff at the undergraduate office today, they have only admitted 20 domestic students so far.

My average is about the same between 90-92% but i'm kinda worried cause I hear it's hella competitive! I feel like my Personal Profile was pretty good though :/ Do people with low 90's usually get into Sauder?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of roobear roobear
I was told by the advisor that 90-91% was the middle of the bell curve. Many students who apply have that academic average. So if you fall in that category, your personal profile will determine your fate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nordith Nordith
Hey guys! I just got accepted to Sauder!! I'm a BC student, NOT in the IB program, but I take several AP courses. In case you guys want to compare what are the chances of your admission, my top 4 grade 11/12 completed courses have an average of around 92-93%. My EC's consist of several leadership role (in clubs and community), some volunteer in the community, like helping the poor and seniors, and a sports team. Apparently, they didn't send out the news through email; I checked my SIS account to see my admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of roobear roobear

@Nordith wrote
Hey guys! I just got accepted to Sauder!! I'm a BC student, NOT in the IB program, but I take several AP courses. In case you guys want to compare what are the chances of your admission, my top 4 grade 11/12 completed courses have an average of around 92-93%. My EC's consist of several leadership role (in clubs and community), some volunteer in the community, like helping the poor and seniors, and a sports team. Apparently, they didn't send out the news through email; I checked my SIS account to see my admission.

Are there any conditions? Such as maintaining a certain average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of guccimane guccimane
my avg is 88% im scared as screw
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@roobear wrote

@Nordith wrote

Are there any conditions? Such as maintaining a certain average.

I haven't clicked accept yet so I don't know what the conditions are going to be. I'm waiting for their letter of offer before I click accept. Plus, there are still some universities that haven't given me an offer yet.

And to guccimane, ehhhh 88% is on the verge... your supplemental should be REALLY good if you are to be admitted, in my opinion.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ephixa Ephixa
I have a 90% avg...I havent heard from ubc or sfu yet. :( -cries in a corner-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Ephixa wrote

Sauder gave me an offer but SFU still haven't yet haha...I know Beedie already sent out offers for sure. Plus, this is only round one and it just started on thursday. Is 90% your top 4 grade 11 or 12 completed courses? Or are you from outside of BC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ephixa Ephixa
How can i complete my courses im still grade 12. I got my term 2 report card and I have 90% for top 4 courses. grade 11 is a lower, lingered around 80%
I live in BC.
Sigh, my ECs are pretty good too...leadership, volunteering, and even online business.
T_T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, some people took acelerated programs in highschool or they completed some courses in summer so they have their grade 12 courses mark. As of right now, UBC can only see your grade 11/12 completed course because ministry of education only sent those grades in. It's going to be in May when UBC will receive your term 2 marks.
With 90% and decent EC's you should be on the border line. You can't do anything now anyways so might as well enjoy yourself haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xenova Xenova

@Nordith wrote

@Ephixa wrote

Sauder gave me an offer but SFU still haven't yet haha...I know Beedie already sent out offers for sure. Plus, this is only round one and it just started on thursday. Is 90% your top 4 grade 11 or 12 completed courses? Or are you from outside of BC?

I'll trade you Beedie acceptance for Sauder ;_;
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jiggy35 jiggy35
I was accepted with an 86% average (32 IB total). As long as you're above the cut-off, it's the supplemental app that really matters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0