yconic - UBC Sauder?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Sauder?

A photo of ivysj ivysj
Hey everyone!
Just wondering, for those who have applied to Sauder, what are your top 4 course's average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of Wezizi Wezizi
History 12 - 95%
Principles of Math 12 - 91%
English - 90% (waiting on provincial)

and my fourth course will either be

Course (current mark) / (projected mark)
Geology (98%) / (90~%)
Physics (100%) / (>92%)
English Lit (96%) / (>90%)

My EC's are alright (a counselor graded them as "B"), but even then I doubt I'm getting into Sauder. The average will MOST likely be 92%, which I doubt is enough. SFU business is the most probable path for me, and I guess that's not a problem. The prestige from Sauder would be nice, however.

also i think there's a user named joshk(?) in this forum that is gunnin' for sauder aswell.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ivysj ivysj

@Wezizi wrote
History 12 - 95%
Principles of Math 12 - 91%
English - 90% (waiting on provincial)

and my fourth course will either be

Course (current mark) / (projected mark)
Geology (98%) / (90~%)
Physics (100%) / (>92%)
English Lit (96%) / (>90%)

My EC's are alright (a counselor graded them as "B"), but even then I doubt I'm getting into Sauder. The average will MOST likely be 92%, which I doubt is enough. SFU business is the most probable path for me, and I guess that's not a problem. The prestige from Sauder would be nice, however.

also i think there's a user named joshk(?) in this forum that is gunnin' for sauder aswell.

Wow! Your average is high.. you'll most likely get in. : )
Hoping for good news in March!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
Good luck to you two! Sauder is awesome! :)

-First Year at Sauder
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Wezizi wrote

u mean me? ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bloop777 bloop777
Can someone explain how high school works in BC, you have 4 courses or what ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JFarington JFarington

@bloop777 wrote
Can someone explain how high school works in BC, you have 4 courses or what ?

In BC they have 4 courses during the first half of the year and then another 4 courses during the second half. Throughout the middle of the year around the months January-March students normally take a break to ski and snowboard while smoking lots of pot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of drishinbalz drishinbalz

Hey guys I'm wondering a couple of things - anyone here applying with the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma.. what are your grades like?

Also, has anyone received an alternative offer/2nd choice offer?

I received an offer to my 2nd choice application for Bachelor of Management at Okanagan.. I'm a Canadian citizen outside of Canada btw
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne

@drishinbalz wrote

I received an offer to my 2nd choice application for Bachelor of Management at Okanagan.. I'm a Canadian citizen outside of Canada btw

Same here
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of johneidude johneidude

@drishinbalz wrote

Hey guys I'm wondering a couple of things - anyone here applying with the IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma.. what are your grades like?

Also, has anyone received an alternative offer/2nd choice offer?

Hey, I was an IB student when I applied (3 years ago), but I am an International student. If it helps, I got in with a predicted score of like 35-36 (cant remember), where my courses were HL: Math, Physics, Econ, SL: English, Spanish, Computer Science. My GPA was around 3.6-3.7 (4 year average). I applied in Feb. 2x and got accepted a month or so after applying.

What is your predicted IB score?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JonathanEtienne wrote

@drishinbalz wrote

Same here

Do you mean you received offer to B. Mgmt AND you're Canadian outside of Canada? Or just the first bit. If you're outside Canada, it's quite interesting we both got the same situation...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne

@drishinbalz wrote

@JonathanEtienne wrote

@drishinbalz wrote

Same here

Do you mean you received offer to B. Mgmt AND you're Canadian outside of Canada? Or just the first bit. If you're outside Canada, it's quite interesting we both got the same situation...

Yes just the first. I come from another province though (not from BC). However, Sauder is #1 choice...by far.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex
wow, I'm Canadian living outside Canada applying for Sauder too! Are you guys all taking IB?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@maex wrote
wow, I'm Canadian living outside Canada applying for Sauder too! Are you guys all taking IB?

I'm taking IB.

I first sent in grades of 35/42, and then recently sent in updated grades of 38/45. Currently chasing them up to make sure they see my newer grades!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maex maex
Oh, I don't take IB but my school follows the Alberta Curriculum so I take diploma exams and all that fun stuff..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JSEND JSEND
The sad days where people don't think they will get in with a 92%
History: 95
Math 12: 95
English: 87.5
Biology: 91
Average: 92.125

EC's
Varsity Track
Varsity Soccer
First Responder