yconic - UBC Scholarship
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Scholarship

A photo of Justin Justin
So I heard there is a scholarship at UBC; that if you get 95%+ average in four courses you will get 4000 dollars.

I am going to go into Engineering and so I will need a 95% average in english, physics, chemistry and math. Now my question is, is that does UBC look at your highest mark - either your class mark or the blend of your provincial and class mark for this scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
That's a little crazy :o In Ottawa I think it's $1000-$2000 for a 80%+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
What is the name of this scholarship? It doesn't sound familiar to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samanthalisi26 samanthalisi26
My guess is that they will look at your cumulative average of all your grade 12 courses in order to get the scholarship
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
They will only look at your blended mark, if, after the provincial, it raises your mark.
Otherwise they will only look at the class mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin
They always say that they take the higher of the two: Provincial or class mark.

The funny thing is, although UBC still doesn't admit it, they averaged mine, with my provincial being higher. I still have my student record with the averaged mark and my transcript showing my class grade and my provincial grade..

And for another class, they averaged my LOWER provincial score with my HIGHER class mark..

i.e. The provincial exams were the reason I couldn't get into UBC last year.
Bottom line: Don't mess with them unless you are absolutely confident that you can get a very good mark on the provincial. It's a double-edged sword.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ericstuart ericstuart
its the same thing at queens, although i do believe that ubc takes either the before provincial mark or the blended, depending on whichever is higher
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jonnykay jonnykay
im not sure if its wuite that high, what are your sources?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah it was around $2500 I think last year.
UBC hasn't updated the numbers for this year, but I think it will be lower (although I hope not).
This automatic scholarship is called President's Entrance Scholarship by the way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
UBC gives out practically nothing to its students compared to other universities. This may deter me from attending.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
I'd really like to get their entrance scholarship :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Oh, that scholarship. I thought this was something different.
Was this helpful? Yes 0