yconic - UBC Science Admission?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Science Admission?

A photo of Lones Lones
As quoted from the Science Faculty's site, "You may apply online anytime up to the end of February. The current plan is to make most admission decisions on the basis of your grade 12 marks (available in March to early May)."

Additionally, a paper my counselor gave me says "February 28, 2011 is the deadline for UBC admission."

I also saw on the youbc site that the deadline to apply for Winter Session 2011 (September to April) is February 28, 2011.

I was under the impression that UBC admission opens up around March where students get their Term Two marks (for BC high schools) for online self-reporting. Can somebody clarify?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
What you posted is correct.
The last day to APPLY is February 28th.
But when you apply, you don't submit your marks.
You'll get to create a username and pw kind of thing for the youbc portal system.
Once you get your marks in March, you can use that user and pw to go back on the portal to self report your grades..
and THEN they'll admit you based on those marks you submit in March.
You don't apply and submit marks at the same time.
Apply first, submit marks later..
Which is kind of inconsistent in my opinion, but oh well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
That is assuming you're from BC.
If you're from Ontario, just apply and your marks should be on OUAC, which UBC will have access to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lones Lones
Thanks so much. Makes sense to me now!
Was this helpful? Yes 0