yconic - UBC Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC Science?

A photo of theriddler17 theriddler17
Hey guys,

I self-reported my grades a couple days ago.. but I still haven't been accepted :(
My avg is 94%
What did I do wrong...??? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of mutuba mutuba
You should expect a response in 3 business days.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
That.
You did nothing wrong.
Be patient.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KarZ KarZ
That "at certain times during the year, the Undergraduate Admissions Office experiences extremely high volumes of documents to be processed. As a result, it may take approximately two to four weeks for your application status to be updated. Please check back regularly. Your patience is greatly appreciated."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sigh...its soo stressful tho :(
Also, I know ppl with a lower avg than myself but have already been accepted so I'm kinda worried/confused.

btw congrats on getting accepted
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KarZ KarZ
Heey be glad you didn't have to wait 2 weeks like some of us :P You'll only have to wait a couple of days
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Don't worry, they just have to sort through everything. It takes time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@KarZ wrote
Heey be glad you didn't have to wait 2 weeks like some of us :P You'll only have to wait a couple of days

Amen.
I was waiting since the day I got my report card..
so over a month.
@____@
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I still haven't even got my report card yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Seriously don't worry about it!

I completed my application in December, I didn't hear back till March...

Good luck everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just got accepted!

thanks for the support future classmates ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KarZ KarZ
See! Grats man! See you this fall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
You guys will have a lot of fun this fall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote
You guys will have a lot of fun this fall.

I don't know if this is supposed to be sarcastic or not LOL.

But I know SO many people at UBC and they ALL love it there, haven't heard one bad thing yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dOctadOcta dOctadOcta
all u nerds have gotten accepted (jk jk!!) hahaha i think i need ppl to wish me luck since i'm the one who's going to be waiting for so long..when do u think the latest will be when they tell me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dOctadOcta wrote
all u nerds have gotten accepted (jk jk!!) hahaha i think i need ppl to wish me luck since i'm the one who's going to be waiting for so long..when do u think the latest will be when they tell me?

GOOD LUCK.
What's your average?
If you don't hear back within the next week, you'll prob have to wait till mid-May when they get your PSI marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

GOOD LUCK.
What's your average?
If you don't hear back within the next week, you'll prob have to wait till mid-May when they get your PSI marks.

Thanks. it's 89.75 and I think i do have a decent supplemental app but I still don't know what to expect. Why would they want my PSI? just to confirm my marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@dOctadOcta wrote

Don't worry, not all of them are nerds. One of my friends at UBC science has mixed martial arts training, and he once beat up this thug who was trying to mug him. Hey, that might be too un-nerdy for you; I don't know. But I'm just saying that you'll find a mix of people wherever you go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dOctadOcta wrote
Thanks. it's 89.75 and I think i do have a decent supplemental app but I still don't know what to expect. Why would they want my PSI? just to confirm my marks?

Yeah that's what PSI is for, confirming marks.
Hmmmmmmm, I think you'll probably hear back in May..
People with 91+ averages have been accepted thus far from what I know/heard of.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@cyynthiia wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

Yeah that's what PSI is for, confirming marks.
Hmmmmmmm, I think you'll probably hear back in May..
People with 91+ averages have been accepted thus far from what I know/heard of.

alright. thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@dOctadOcta wrote

Don't worry, not all of them are nerds. One of my friends at UBC science has mixed martial arts training, and he once beat up this thug who was trying to mug him. Hey, that might be too un-nerdy for you; I don't know. But I'm just saying that you'll find a mix of people wherever you go.

hahaha that's pretty "unnerdy" :p i was jk though about the whole nerd thing, i mean it's fine if you study a lot but not just ALL the time
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey just wondering... are most of you guys going to take the regular sciences or CSP at UBC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm not doing CSP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0