yconic - UBC (vancouver campus)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC (vancouver campus)

A photo of BrokenGround BrokenGround
Hi i'm a grade 12 student looking to go into Applied Science at UBC. Here are my marks:

English 12 (pre-provincial): 87
Physics 12AP: 83
Math 12: 90
Chem 12 projected around 90.
AP Language and comp exam: 5/5.
AP Language and comp course: 94%

Supplementary includes scoring top 5%/School winner of Cayley Math contest, Lifeguarding, 13 years of martial arts, community volunteering, Leadership groups.

What do you all think? Will I be able to get in?

My secondary is general science. Calculus AB 95%, History 12 94%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Your grades look good and your extracirriculars even more amazing, haha.
Applied Science has a lower entrance average than Science.
Science is 90+, so Applied Science is going to be mid to high 80s, I'm guessing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh
Anyone know when does UBC science start sending out acceptances to out of province students?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@willeh wrote
Anyone know when does UBC science start sending out acceptances to out of province students?

March to April at the earliest
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of twototango twototango

@Joshki wrote

@willeh wrote

Does that apply to only science or all UBC courses?

I'm waiting for an offer from Arts and an international student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@twototango wrote

@Joshki wrote

@willeh wrote

Does that apply to only science or all UBC courses?

I'm waiting for an offer from Arts and an international student.

That's the target date for all programs at UBC for domestic students.

International students have a seperate schedule, UBC arts have already sent offers to some international students as far as i know.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If it follows the same schedule as last year, students from in the province will start getting their acceptances in mid-late April. Students who are out of province generally got theirs a week or so before in province students, or so I heard.

Like Joshki said, international applicants go by a completely different schedule, one of which I'm not 100% sure about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@cyynthiia wrote
Students who are out of province generally got theirs a week or so before in province students, or so I heard.

srsly? cuz when i called the admission office, they said offers start going out for ontario students as soon as in march and goes on to April.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@Joshki wrote

@cyynthiia wrote
Students who are out of province generally got theirs a week or so before in province students, or so I heard.

srsly? cuz when i called the admission office, they said offers start going out for ontario students as soon as in march and goes on to April.

Wait, does it mean that there are no more acceptances for Ontario students once it's May?

Edit: Just realized you are applying to commerce, I guess it's probably different than science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Joshki wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

Students from BC don't get their acceptances until April, but I guess offers for out of province students can start in March, although last year, I didn't hear of many (but there are some!) that got in in March. Most were heard of in very late March and early April. But I guess that changes year to year, so don't quote me on it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@willeh wrote

@Joshki wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

Wait, does it mean that there are no more acceptances for Ontario students once it's May?

Edit: Just realized you are applying to commerce, I guess it's probably different than science.

Pretty sure it's the same for every Faculty, haha.
And no, that' not true.. they START coming out in March/April and go on as late as in to the summer, if you haven't chosen a school by then and am still waiting for UBC acceptance.
I've known of people who get accepted in June/early July.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of pokadotsable pokadotsable
do you think i can get in with a 90-91 average for sauder?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Iblover Iblover
Do you think I can get into UBC Vancouver with 92 and:
- black belt in martial arts
- founded a charity
- president of club at school
- published poet
- worked at family business.

and to the guy above me, it all depends on ur supplementary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Iblover Iblover
Do you think I can get into UBC Vancouver with 92 and:
- black belt in martial arts
- founded a charity
- president of club at school
- published poet
- worked at family business.

and to the guy above me, it all depends on ur supplementary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
Average really is not too much of a deal if you are trying to get into Sauder. If you have about 87-88 at least, not to repeat what everybody else has said already. Your supplementary plays all the rest of the role. Yet, it is hard to determine whether Sauder will admit you or not if you only LIST the extra-curricular activities here. The way you deliver them is much more important in my opinion! I'm a Sauder current first year (early admitted with 90%) and I'm also working closely with the Sauder undergraduate office, so I'd love to answer many of your questions.

Cheers,
Adrian
Was this helpful? Yes 0