yconic - UBC vs. Queen's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

UBC vs. Queen's

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Overall, which is the better school and why? I have applied for the BA program at both schools, my final goal is to go to grad school for an MBA. I am torn between these two schools and assuming I were to receive admission for September, which should I pick? Some factors I really emphasize are academic prestige, school spirit, social scene, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of whitepine whitepine
Both are great schools! UBC has more of an international reputation, but Queen's is always at, or near the top of the list in Maclean's Canadian University Ratings. You can't go wrong with either on that front. I would say Queen's has more school spirit because of it's unique school traditions (the Oil Thigh and the Grease Pole)...also because it is smaller and less of a commuter school. In terms of social scene, Queen's always has great parties in the student ghetto....but UBC has Vancouver, the ocean and the mountains!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Academentia Academentia
It will not matter for your future goals of an MBA. So just pick the school you like the best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0