yconic - Unbelievably stressed out/screwed
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Unbelievably stressed out/screwed

A photo of bricksquad bricksquad
Alright so here's my current school situation, and I was hoping you guys could maybe give me some advice on what to do.

So at midterm, I was getting a manageable 74 in Advanced Functions. I was planning on getting to perhaps a high 70/low 80 by the end of the semester.
Unfortunately, the day after getting midterms back, a rather serious family illness came up. A very great deal of my time that could have been focused towards this class was lost taking care of this family member, and other obligations like work and school teams/clubs. The health situation further deteriorated as time went by and my marks in adv func. PLUMMETED because of this. Like three failed tests in a row.
I definitely plan on writing special consideration forms for the uni's I applied to. But my question is, SHOULD I take this class over again? And potentially do just as bad, or hope special consideration is going to pick me up. BTW all my other marks were fine because of the hilariously low amount effort needed to keep up good marks. WHAT DO I DO GUYS?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Victorinox Victorinox
There are a few people in my school that will be retaking adv funcs in night school next semester because they don't think they can pull off a satisfactory mark in day school this semester. You can consider this option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Dope Dope
I was in a similar situation, bombed MHF4U1 because I didn't show up for the last 2 months of school.

However I just took it on virtualhighschool.com and got a 98%
found it profoundly easier to learn online
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of lordsia lordsia
you can write out the form and see how offers roll out by march. If you didnt get what you want , then you can take a one month private school course and have your OUAC mark updated by the time april offers roll out ? Even if you dont make it to that , i heard some offers even come during june.

Idk its some kind of a strategy.

Best of luck bro
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bricksquad bricksquad

@lordsia wrote
you can write out the form and see how offers roll out by march. If you didnt get what you want , then you can take a one month private school course and have your OUAC mark updated by the time april offers roll out ? Even if you dont make it to that , i heard some offers even come during june.

Idk its some kind of a strategy.

Best of luck bro

They have one month courses? Wow, how they even manage to finish it in time? I'm leaning towards night school, and getting the form in before so they know I plan on taking it and showing what I'm really capable of in that class. Looks like I can kiss Schulich goodbye though LOL. There's always gonna be Ryerson :cheers: Thanks for all the help guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0