yconic - Undecided - help me out?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Undecided - help me out?

A photo of blueberry blueberry
My current top three program choices for next year are:

-McGill University: Desautel's Faculty of Management
-University of Western Ontario: Media, Information and Technoculture (MIT) + Ivey AEO
-Queen's University: Commerce

Assuming I get into all three of the above, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with specific differences in programs/experiences that could help when trying to decided at which institution I'll spend the next four years. I know they're all wonderful schools, I just want to know what differentiates those three programs. Any information is appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
typical Mcgill vs. Ivey vs. Queens thread. There's a thing called the search function, not hating or anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blueberry blueberry

@immaculatedx wrote
typical Mcgill vs. Ivey vs. Queens thread. There's a thing called the search function, not hating or anything.

I know I know its all been done before...
But I'm not asking like which one's better? Where should i go if I want the best opportunity to be recruited by a big financial firm? I just want to know what actually differentiates these programs...potentially from people who are in them and not those who can just copy past some rankings
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@blueberry wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

But I'm not asking like which one's better? Where should i go if I want the best opportunity to be recruited by a big financial firm? I just want to know what actually differentiates these programs...potentially from people who are in them and not those who can just copy past some rankings

That has all been discussed though. Search.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BSchoolMaster BSchoolMaster
Except the discussions come from high school kids who don't know much.

I really like that in McGill and UWO, you get to take any courses you want for your first 1 or 2 years of studies. I mean, I like what I study at Queen's, but when you're studying marketing and organizational behaour that you have absolutely no interest in, you wish you can subsitute that course for another course in economics, politics, computing, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@blueberry wrote

@immaculatedx wrote

If this is for undergraduate, it shouldn't matter. Go to a school with cheap tuition then hit up graduate school. For business nowadays a post-grad degree is really important.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade

@BSchoolMaster wrote
Except the discussions come from high school kids who don't know much.

I really like that in McGill and UWO, you get to take any courses you want for your first 1 or 2 years of studies. I mean, I like what I study at Queen's, but when you're studying marketing and organizational behaour that you have absolutely no interest in, you wish you can subsitute that course for another course in economics, politics, computing, etc.

True that! But... it sucks when you have SO many electives that you begin to take classes that don't really interest you; you just take them for the credit. McGill's Management program is hopefully getting revamped soon (we voted this year and hopefully it goes through) where it's going to have less electives in the first year program.

Ironically, I kinda wish I had some of your more business oriented courses.... instead of my random arts/sci courses haha....

Ah well, all the best!

PS: Sick signature

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted