yconic - Undergrad courses before Nursing (at U of T)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Undergrad courses before Nursing (at U of T)

A photo of bellamor bellamor
This question goes out for all those who have been accepted into U of T Nursing. What courses did you take prior to getting into the program? I'm thinking of applying for it (since I'm currently a U of T student) but I'm still undecided as to what courses would be a good preparation for the nursing courses. I have taken all the prerequisite courses but still deciding how important Chemistry is or if it is relevant or even use at all.

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
If you take anatomy, physiology, nutrition, pathology, psychology it would mean you have to take less courses while you're doing nursing.
Personally I'd say don't waste your time taking university level chemistry when all you need is a 4U level, I think it would cause too much stress - maybe take bio though.

Call the nursing program coordinator at your school and find out what courses they take there for nursing, and take whatever you can to get them out of the way!
Was this helpful? Yes 0