yconic - Universities and Repeated Courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Universities and Repeated Courses

A photo of JMCG JMCG
I recently just received my report card for summer school ENG4U and only got an 82. My teacher was a crazy hard marker, and no one in my class seemed to do well. My grade 11 average was 89, even with a 75 in Chem. I was hoping for a higher mark in English (around 90) because I plan on applying to some of the top business schools. (Queen's, Ivey, etc.)

If I decide to take this course again first semester, and finish with a much higher mark, will this affect my chances of getting in? Is it less likely to be accepted because I will have taken English again?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
Some programs will only consider first attempts (Rotman Commerce at UTSG is one of them), but if they do, they will specify. If not, it won't greatly alter your chances of being accepted. That said, you can expect a vast majority of programs to give priority to those who haven't repeated a final year course. It depends on what you apply to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0