yconic - Universities and Summer School Courses?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Universities and Summer School Courses?

A photo of iRamie iRamie
How do universities take pre-requisites taken in summer-school?

My situation is that i plan to apply to Software Engineering at Waterloo and i need chemistry (SCH4U), so i plan to take it in summer school this year. Is there any penalty in doing so?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of lolcostco lolcostco
I think it should be fine.. as long as it's not math or something, you should be fine..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
They might adjust your entrance average. The Faculty of Mathematics is the only place at UW that changes things for non-day school courses. Even though Soft. Eng. is engineering it is offerred jointly with the Faculty of Mathematics. They also only say that they MAY meaning they don't have to. I would assume that if your summer school mark is relatively close to your other(day school) marks then it probably won't make a difference.

Edit: http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/admissions/repeated.php - for reference
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
North, Summer school isn't private? Its hosted by the school board.
Also i am in grade 11 atm so im just gunna take an acceleration course (Grade 12 Chemistry). I dont wnna screw up my admission in any way, i emailed them yesterday but they didnt respond (waterloo admissions)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
I know that summer school isn't private - but it is also clearly listed under the "non-day school" courses section of the link I posted.

Alos, UW admissions probably won't get back to you for a little while because they are still busy with acceptances for this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Say word Bin Laden is dead
Was this helpful? Yes 0