yconic - universities at grade 11 marks
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

universities at grade 11 marks

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
will rotman/ivey/queens/schulich/waterloo ever look at ur grade 11 marks? did pretty bad in physics and environmental science (60s)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
17 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
No never
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brandonholmes brandonholmes
Universities will only ever look at your top 2 or 3 (depending on how many courses you are scheduled in for 1st semester of Grade 12) for early acceptances. Your Grade 11 average makes no difference to them. Keep in mind that if you genuinely tried and received those marks, you may want to avoid taking the 4U equivalent of those courses, because if you have less than 8 courses, those marks will be looked at starting mid-term of 2nd semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Your grade 11 marks matter for early admission, but makes no difference in the final admission decision. Pretty much it doesn't matter at all. Your first semester final and second semester mid-term is all that really counts. I was able to get early admission from Schulich and Ivey just based on my first semester marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
No (except for early acceptance). But still work your butt off because that work ethic will carry over into Grade 12 when it matters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@Username81 wrote
No (except for early acceptance). But still work your butt off because that work ethic will carry over into Grade 12 when it matters.

+99999999999
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
thanks guys, this relieved my worries cuz after skipping over 70 classes in grade 11 i realized i cant pull off that 70 if i dont go to class
plus im fast tracking enough, by the end of first semeseter gr12, i'll have 6 gr12 courses finished already so im assuming i will be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heyppl123 wrote
thanks guys, this relieved my worries cuz after skipping over 70 classes in grade 11 i realized i cant pull off that 70 if i dont go to class
plus im fast tracking enough, by the end of first semeseter gr12, i'll have 6 gr12 courses finished already so im assuming i will be fine

lol your avg better be 92~ if you want to get in to all of em..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote

@heyppl123 wrote

lol your avg better be 92~ if you want to get in to all of em..

+ 1

If you want to get into those schools, you can't cruise, you'll sink ;). This year I think Schulich's cutoff was ~91 and McGill's might have been 93.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of socialgirl socialgirl
What`s the cutoff for laurier this year ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@socialgirl wrote
What`s the cutoff for laurier this year ?

think for bba it was 87-86 without abs.

for dd it was prob 90+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
Yes, it doesnt really hurt you if you do bad in gr.11, but it definitely helps.

My gr.11 marks were awesome, and I got accepted to 2/5 of my programs, all top business schools, before I had ANY of my gr.12 marks come out, i hadnt even written my first semester exams. I got Queens the week after my first semester marks came out, and Ivey before midterms.

I know this wouldnt have happened if my gr.l1 marks werent as good as they were, I likely would have still gotten accepted eventually, after my second semester marks came out, except my second semester marks have been terrible this year! I'm a good 10% lower than my first semester marks, for a variety of personal reasons, mostly health issues. And if I hadnt already gotten those acceptances based on my gr.11 marks I probably wouldnt have gotten accepted if they had waited after they saw my second midterms....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Chara - What was your grade 11 average? When McMaster presented at my school they said you need like a 95% average to be accepted early there so how did you get Ivey's early? :p

&& LOL @ your signature about UTM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire
Your grade 11 English mark hurts you if you apply to AFM. Some people were ineligible to write the AFMA because their grade 11 English marks were below 78.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara

@Username81 wrote
@Chara - What was your grade 11 average? When McMaster presented at my school they said you need like a 95% average to be accepted early there so how did you get Ivey's early? :p

I can't remember exactly, but it was like 96.something%. I had 100% in gr. 11 accounting so that might have helped.

I got accepted to Queens before the official start date for offers to go out, but some pointed out here that that was likely just because I was a chancellors nom. And I got laurier like two days after I applied. I had originally applied to Schulich, but then after deciding I didn't want to get stabbed I switched to Laurier on OUAC and the next time I checked later that week I already had Laurier! Which is great considering now I barelyyyy make the cutoff.

And ya lol, thanks for noticing! Rotman was the last school I was accepted to, but by then I had already accepted Queens. And then a few weeks later I get the UTM letter! Lol if I didn't accept Rotman why would I accept basically the lesser version of the same program?? Like I was thinking, Rotman is nice, but what I was really looking for is the same program with less pretige in a worse location lol. (no offense to anyone going to UTM, uoft is a great school).

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@Chara wrote

I had originally applied to Schulich, but then after deciding I didn't want to get stabbed I switched to Laurier on OUAC and the next time I checked later that week I already had Laurier! Which is great considering now I barelyyyy make the cutoff.

+1 for not getting stabbed
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup

@Chara wrote

@Username81 wrote

I can't remember exactly, but it was like 96.something%. I had 100% in gr. 11 accounting so that might have helped.

I got accepted to Queens before the official start date for offers to go out, but some pointed out here that that was likely just because I was a chancellors nom. And I got laurier like two days after I applied. I had originally applied to Schulich, but then after deciding I didn't want to get stabbed I switched to Laurier on OUAC and the next time I checked later that week I already had Laurier! Which is great considering now I barelyyyy make the cutoff.

And ya lol, thanks for noticing! Rotman was the last school I was accepted to, but by then I had already accepted Queens. And then a few weeks later I get the UTM letter! Lol if I didn't accept Rotman why would I accept basically the lesser version of the same program?? Like I was thinking, Rotman is nice, but what I was really looking for is the same program with less pretige in a worse location lol. (no offense to anyone going to UTM, uoft is a great school).

Nice! What other courses did u take (all 8) and ur averages in each sem.? I know it's a little too much but if you don't mind..go ahead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara

@waazup wrote

@Chara wrote

@Username81 wrote

Nice! What other courses did u take (all 8) and ur averages in each sem.? I know it's a little too much but if you don't mind..go ahead.

I'm not sure if I can remember all my marks exactly, but it was something like,

Biology- 95
Chem- 91
Physics- 95
Math- 92
English- 93
Accounting- 100
Marketing- 98
World Religions- 96

Give or take a few percent somewhere.
I probably couldve gotten higher if I didnt take all 3 sciences, but at the time I was debating between medicine and business.
For some reason I really turned it on in gr.11. My average was like 5% higher than the year before, and like 7% higher than it is now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0