yconic - Universities looking at Grade 11 Marks for acceptance?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Universities looking at Grade 11 Marks for acceptance?

A photo of McMuffins McMuffins
So my friend and I had a little debate on whether or not universities look at your Grade 11 marks for calculating admission average. I said no as most universities look at your Grade 12 marks for your admission average, but they also look at your Grade 11 marks to see if you met the prerequisites or not. I am aware some universities DO indeed factor in your Grade 11 marks when they calculate your admission average. So I am asking you guys to see if what I said is indeed true. If you guys could also provide example Universities that DO look at your Grade 11 marks for admission average, that'd be great :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of stack444 stack444
gr 11 average: 69
gr 12 average: 90

accepted to science programs at each of the top tier universities in ontario before the later rounds of admission in april/may. IIRC i got almost all acceptances before march break. hopefully that clears it up
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Yeah, Grade 11 only counts for acceptances that happen before Grade 12 first semester finals (December, early January acceptances). Other than that they mean nothing. Universities even say that it's your top 6 Grade 12 courses that factor into admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0